Megane 275

Nice!

Just to try my luck, think I may pop along to mates dad dealership seeing if i can get another car from him trade price :wink:

Is only really the fact its the newest model and has an akrapovic it tempts me :smiley:

38K euros, so what starting around 31K sort of mark?

Hmmm..

For me 30K plus is used GTR territory and nothing else.

Wonder how much the akra system is - whack one on mine and you've got a 314+ Trophy :wink:

This is a reply to the locked thread.

Why do people moan about the price I really don't get. And why do people compare the prices of new and used? It doesn't make any sense whatsoever....

Everything is getting more expensive, look at the prices of the new Clios! I don't think the car is overpriced even though they haven't released the pricing yet but as everybody said I'd expect it to be £35k more or less fully loaded. This is Golf R money isn't it? And I do know which one I'd go for. A new 265 starts at £29 without even recaros, this has the LSD, ohlins, akra, recaros, interior has been pushed up a notch or two etc so obviously it will be more expensive. I wouldn't pay so much money because I'd never buy a brand new car anyway but I'm not moaning about the price, this is to be expected. I just choose to buy used after depreciation works its magic. £35k for an either new/used car is way off my budget anyway.

What we should do is praise Renault for building such a focused car, or giving you the option to go for it anyway. I mean ohlins fitted from the factory on a hot hatch? Well done Renault Sport I say!

This is a reply to the locked thread.

Why do people moan about the price I really don't get. And why do people compare the prices of new and used? It doesn't make any sense whatsoever....

Everything is getting more expensive, look at the prices of the new Clios! I don't think the car is overpriced even though they haven't released the pricing yet but as everybody said I'd expect it to be £35k more or less fully loaded. This is Golf R money isn't it? And I do know which one I'd go for. A new 265 starts at £29 without even recaros, this has the LSD, ohlins, akra, recaros, interior has been pushed up a notch or two etc so obviously it will be more expensive. I wouldn't pay so much money because I'd never buy a brand new car anyway but I'm not moaning about the price, this is to be expected. I just choose to buy used after depreciation works its magic. £35k for an either new/used car is way off my budget anyway.

What we should do is praise Renault for building such a focused car, or giving you the option to go for it anyway. I mean ohlins fitted from the factory on a hot hatch? Well done Renault Sport I say!

I sort of have some money to buy one but don't want to spend that much on one if that makes sence...would rather wait a while for a 6-9month one at the right price

For me 30K plus is used GTR territory and nothing else.

One of the guys I was at the 'Ring at with last week in a Megane 265 Cup used to have a GTR. Said it was the most souless car he ever owned and that he'd never have another about him. Loves his 265 though, even if it currently sitting at around 315.

One of the guys I was at the 'Ring at with last week in a Megane 265 Cup used to have a GTR. Said it was the most souless car he ever owned and that he'd never have another about him. Loves his 265 though, even if it currently sitting at around 315.

Good point, for the money id rather have the new type r thats coming out. I believe that thing would destroy the megane. Also isnt the new meg just a remapped 265 with an akro exhaust and new interior.

Guess it all comes down to the individual - 2 guys we were speaking to at the 'ring loved them. The ones there were in weren't their first GTR's either

From my experience driving them it was great, they are just savage

The mention of the nurburgring is just :worried: I want to be back there now

Cars not released yet so I'm finding it hard to comment on it however, the problem I have with Rs is the cars prices are moving further away from who they were original aimed at. The other issue is the prices are higher based on doing nothing different than what we are doing, which is bolting parts on. In principle, this is the same car from 4 years ago. There is no difference in its engineering.

For that money, I'm in a BMW M1335 with change!!!!

Never been in a GTR, spent most of my time with a fairly irrational dislike of them being honest. I mean boost and 4wd and weighing as much as a bungalow are the 3 things that I despise in a car....however.....I've seen a few tuned ones being gunned from a standstill and OMG!! I want for a proper everyday supercar, they dont half rocket away and sound amazing too which I was surprised at being turbo'd.

No more comments direclty on the Meg from me though, other than it's crazy money as it puts into the realm of far more interesting cars.

Also the new vs 2nd hand debate, always gets shot down on PH when people bring it up, but if you can buy a car 2nd hand thats a bit interesting so wont deprecaite and you capital investment is better protected - of course it's relevant. Although low mileage CSL's have now appeared to have gone through the roof price wise, 40-45k on autotrader for the nicest ones! :O So I'll admit that's out of the equation for this case at least.

Never been in a GTR, spent most of my time with a fairly irrational dislike of them being honest. I mean boost and 4wd and weighing as much as a bungalow are the 3 things that I despise in a car....however.....I've seen a few tuned ones being gunned from a standstill and OMG!! I want for a proper everyday supercar, they dont half rocket away and sound amazing too which I was surprised at being turbo'd.

No more comments direclty on the Meg from me though, other than it's crazy money as it puts into the realm of far more interesting cars.

Also the new vs 2nd hand debate, always gets shot down on PH when people bring it up, but if you can buy a car 2nd hand thats a bit interesting so wont deprecaite and you capital investment is better protected - of course it's relevant. Although low mileage CSL's have now appeared to have gone through the roof price wise, 40-45k on autotrader for the nicest ones! :O So I'll admit that's out of the equation for this case at least.

The are a bit of an engineering masterpiece :smile: I watched a pretty good documentary on them :smile: but shall leave GTR talk there as its off topic.

Agree with your comments on the price though - 30K plus puts it into a relm where I'd be interested to look at other things. Looks a fantastic car though (just like the previous Trophy :wink: ) and I'd quite like the hear the akra exhaust on one

TBH I'm probably one if the few who would seriously go out and but one however I seriously doubt I will with the announcement.

The car offers very little imo as it's standard + options.

My first question is say it's limited to 20 cars and 1-19 come out with no options and standard paint yet I spec everything and liquid yellow how will the car be valued on the second hand market?

Secondly can you imagine trying to explain the suspension upgrade come insurance renewal... You wouldn't have to if it was standard.

Finally would a bogo car be any quicker round the ring back to back to a 265 Trophy which comes with better tyres?