Maxogen and K-tec cat back

Sounds nice that mate, nice purposeufl tone. :smile:

Some decent looking roads around there too.

Not too bad at 30MPH, 40MPH in 6th, bit louder at 50MPH, louder still at 60MPH and quite a deep tone at 70MPH.

They're not unpleasant but they're noticeably louder than standard. Or mine is at least, might be different with a Decat.

What's the difference? I know that's a blunt question but if you can explain the benefit I'm all ears but I can't be bothered messing around when it comes to MOT time so therefore i'd go cat.

pops,burbles and crackles for £65! simple ha ha! seriously though it free's things up and it will pass an MOT as has been prooven on here in a thread recently

pops,burbles and crackles for £65! simple ha ha! seriously though it free's things up and it will pass an MOT as has been prooven on here in a thread recently

Doesn't the new regulations say that a car will fail if the car does NOT have a cat even if it passes emissions?

Swear I read that somwhere

Ye I've read if the car comes with either 1 or 2 cats an you remove either of these it's a fail. I presume with a cat back system you're all in the clear though..?

My ktec without the decat pops and crackles anyway, and doesn't give that flat spot which it did when i had the decat fitted :smile:

My ktec without the decat pops and crackles anyway, and doesn't give that flat spot which it did when i had the decat fitted :smile:

needs remapping if the flat spot was that bad and if it had already had a remap then it needs a better one mate,i've got a flat spot but its very minimal,no bigger than the flat spot the car had when totally standard really,hardly ever notice it.

Sounds great mate (I have the K-Tec cat-back too) and it burbles and crackles a lot 8)

Would sound even better if you blipped the throttle on downshifts too :wink:

I know mate, keep checking each day lol, just cant afford to pay full whack for a new one and dont really want to take out finance that K-Tec offer.