ITG maxogen - ktec spec?

A claimed 6BHP is'nt too shabby after a remap either i guess...Still, it is steep at £288 I think. Really, £200 sounds more appealing. I love the idea you don't have to move the battery and mess around :smiley:

I haven't had one of the 197, but had one on my 182, awesome bit of kit imo.....bloody expensive but it looks great and performs really well too.

You will feel the difference with one set up with the standard battery and you get a nice bit of grunt,I would not bother fitting the cold air feed on the end its much better with out:wink:

I no niknok on here has 76mm maxogen set up with the standard battery and is thinking of going down the custom route with the varley.Think he might have the spare bits you need to set up with standard battery thats if he wants to flog them that is,would work out a lot cheaper for you.

I got rid of the CAF too. The maxogen sounds great if you have a standard exhaust, I can no longer hear mine now I have a Ktec catback lol

I got rid of the CAF too. The maxogen sounds great if you have a standard exhaust, I can no longer hear mine now I have a Ktec catback lol

What does the Ktec catback sound like? Really want one on mine but the other half drives her everyday and il soon hear about it if its to loud and boy racer like :001_unsure:

What does the Ktec catback sound like? Really want one on mine but the other half drives her everyday and il soon hear about it if its to loud and boy racer like :001_unsure:

I have ktec exhaust system and I think it is the best investment I have made. The car sounds absolutely stunning and it gargles and pops on gear changes. Seriously worth a buy!

Why are the majority of mods pricey :worried:

Why are the majority of mods pricey :worried:

I'd say that because the 197/200 is a low volume car and tbh not many people buy the mods.

That's probably the main reason why their is such a limited range of aftermarket equipment because its harder to get a return on investment than it is on a Jap or German car

I no niknok on here has 76mm maxogen set up with the standard battery and is thinking of going down the custom route with the varley.Think he might have the spare bits you need to set up with standard battery thats if he wants to flog them that is,would work out a lot cheaper for you.

Yes, I might sell the spare parts once I've got the Varley sorted out. It would include the inlet hose and mounting bracket. I'm sure Mark could sort you out with the 76mm maxogen.

Just to clarify, for the 76mm maxogen you don't need to have the custom varley set up. I've been running mine with the standard battery for a while now, but after seeing Mark's set up I'll be following the custom route.

The filter adds a much deeper growl if more noise is what you're after. I've got no evidence of bhp increases but I'm happy with how the car feels.

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2416&appid=3

Last couple days been looking at the above.

I know some got the. 76mm one that need smaller battery but llike idea of not having to remove anything bar the filter

Looks like k-tec one is going be another month after speaking to them.

So has anyone got one these fitted? How do find it for performance and noise?

Cheers

the only difference between the one ktec sell and the 76mm version is the size of the outlet mate,overall they are identical size wise,i bought mine from ktec a few years back and just upgraded the filter inside recently with the 76mm version from mark

the only differece

8378505292_3a2b73f69e_b.jpg
013 by scott1532, on Flickr

the trumpet thingy is a standard size

Yes, I might sell the spare parts once I've got the Varley sorted out. It would include the inlet hose and mounting bracket. I'm sure Mark could sort you out with the 76mm maxogen.

Just to clarify, for the 76mm maxogen you don't need to have the custom varley set up. I've been running mine with the standard battery for a while now, but after seeing Mark's set up I'll be following the custom route.

The filter adds a much deeper growl if more noise is what you're after. I've got no evidence of bhp increases but I'm happy with how the car feels.

well nik if your selling your bit's theres a bargin to be had for someone with the standard battery.:smiley:

So if I bought one them filters off the guy off here and parts from guy above end up with. Same as the k-tec one basically?

Yes, it's same as the k-tec set up but you would have the 76mm version which is supposed to be the new revised type which gives better flow.