Matt's Flame Red Megane 275 - Project OEM+

Discussion in 'Projects/Progress Threads' started by matt9566, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Big Ben

Big Ben Winner - POTM February 2018 Paid Member

Car:
    Looks lovely. Do stick around. As said it’s the decent people on here that make it one of the better forums still going.

Foxspeed, Sean197 and matt9566 like this.

2. Beany

Beany Platinum Member

Car:
    RB 200 cup
    Nice looking meg you have there, definitely stick around..

Aside some summers drives will the meg venture out onto a track :smile:

matt9566 likes this.
  3. Foxspeed

Foxspeed "the new red baron" Moderator

Car:
    megane trophy 300edc
    great motor had one very similar spec/colour...only bad thing i can say about them is the headlights are dreadful!!!

matt9566 and Beany like this.
  4. Beany

Beany Platinum Member

Car:
    RB 200 cup
    Are any Renault headlights good Foxy :smile:

5. matt9566

matt9566 Paid Member

Car:
    Megane 275 - Flame Red
    Thanks! Definitely will mate, don’t think I’d have half the Renault Sport knowledge I do without this forum!

Thanks! Getting on track is something I’ve always thought about doing, but never got around to/had the confidence to do.

You never know though, I’ve been following your cars updates and it’s certainly come a long way from being your daily! Looking very good btw, can’t wait to see the finished product!

Thanks!
    You can say that again! Already been looking at some better bulbs, don’t understand why RENAULT didn’t put xenons in the 275/had them as an option, they would fit in well with the drl’s

Beany likes this.
  6. Foxspeed

Foxspeed "the new red baron" Moderator

Car:
    megane trophy 300edc
    the led's on my 300 trophy are for once!

7. massivewangers

massivewangers Paid Member

Car:
    Clio 197
    That's lovely! Got some really good options on it too.

I loved my 265, really miss it.

matt9566 likes this.
  8. matt9566

matt9566 Paid Member

Car:
    Megane 275 - Flame Red
    Well after nearly 6 years and 35,000+ miles of ownership the Clio has now gone to a new home - Had changed my mind and was going to keep it however the right buyer came along and a price was agreed just as the listing was ending on eBay and to be honest I needed the space.

Really was sad to see the car go, it had been fantastic over the years and was definitely one of the better ones with very few issues during my ownership

1.jpg

This free'd up some cash so I've set about with Project OEM+ Megane!

The megane came with the Steev alloys and while they have grown on me, I was never a huge fan of them. Luckily the same day I sold the Clio some Tibor alloys came up for sale and a deal was made.

So currently on order:

Tibor's
    Michelin Pilot Sport 4
    New TPMS
    Mk4 Megane Centre Caps with the red ring (think these look great against Flame Red)
    Black Badges
    BMC Panel Filter
    Tpi Black Bolts and Locking bolts

I will use the Steev's during Winter and then the Tibors in Summer - Also going to invest in a new trolley jack and torque wrench then I can easily swap the wheels over at home.

What's next -

Service and MOT at the end of March

Detailed and Ceramic Coated Professionally - The paintwork is in decent condition but want to get it in tip top shape and then protected.

Sports Cat/Intercooler/Remap (Will wait until insurance renewal in May and see what price the modified insurers are coming up with - Don't really need the extra power so not in any rush and want to do a bit more research)

Suspension upgrade possibly - Whilst I like the Tibor's better they don't fit the arches as well so looking in the the lowering springs & spacer options or might just go all out and go down the coilover route.

Couple of pictures from over the New Year

3.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

Ocsltd, Sean197, Big Ben and 6 others like this.
  9. Big Ben

Big Ben Winner - POTM February 2018 Paid Member

Car:
    Lovely colour. Had to laugh at OEM+:grinning:

matt9566 likes this.
  10. DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Hi.
    When you're ready please feel free to give us a try for modified insurance.
    Regards,
    Dan

matt9566 likes this.
  11. av4625

av4625 Paid Member

Car:
    Clio 197 and Megane 275
    I have a flame red meg 275 with tibors and saw another with these on and it looks awesome. Where are you getting yours and what price are they? Renault wanted >£25 each :'(

matt9566 likes this.
  12. matt9566

matt9566 Paid Member

Car:
    Megane 275 - Flame Red
    They definitely do look great, they break the black up a bit and go really well with flame red.

Got mine from RPD

https://www.renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/parts/exterior-parts/renault-megane-mk4-rs-alloy-centre-cap/

£46 for the set (£11.50 each)

Considering the price of the other RS ones, these seem pretty well priced in my opinion. Mine arrived today and quality of them are great too.

13. av4625

av4625 Paid Member

Car:
    Clio 197 and Megane 275
    That is really good, I checked my local renault just as the the mk4 was being released and they said more than £25

14. Ocsltd

Ocsltd Paid Member

Car:
    Renaultsport Clio 200 (PW)
    IMG_3240.JPG Loving your 275! Just picked up a similar one myself after selling my Clio 200, although I'm jealous of your sunroof!

Mines like yours, Akrapovic exhaust, Leather Recaro's, RS Monitor and the optional Ohlin's! It's had an upgraded intercooler, intake and re-map by RS-Tuning and is pushing 305 BHP.

Such capable machines! Think they look great in Flame Red.

Here's mine.....

15. av4625

av4625 Paid Member

Car:
    Clio 197 and Megane 275
    Got the center caps ordered. :smile:

Gotta love the flame red megs!
    Mine could really do with a clean!

CE985E9B-B655-4661-9052-28EC11A39FC4.jpeg

3601711A-AE7B-49A2-9105-A00531584D8E.jpeg

matt9566, lewishunter98 and Ocsltd like this.
  16. matt9566

matt9566 Paid Member

Car:
    Megane 275 - Flame Red
    Thanks!!

Congrats on the new purchase, brilliant choice and certainly has ALL the right options and mods - Flame Red really is brilliant, especially with you already having had a Liquid Yellow car.

Your 200 was going to take some beating - I even considered buying it myself when it was for sale as it was a fantastic example.

The sunroof was an option I’d never really looked for, but it was an added bonus and it really does brighten up the cabin.

Keep us updated! The Megane forums don’t seem half as active as here which is a shame.

Great stuff, you definitely made the right decision! Finally got tyres on my Tibor’s and the centre caps really do finish them off! Now just need to find the time/weather to fit the wheels.

Mines filthy too, nightmare trying to keep of top of cleaning this time of year!

Ocsltd likes this.
  17. Ocsltd

Ocsltd Paid Member

Car:
    Renaultsport Clio 200 (PW)