Market Research...

Hi Guys

after a little feedback from anyone and everyone on a little venture that I'm considering.

Having looked into tyres....namely trackday tyres, it got me wondering how much profit was in one with what I like to call 'Motorsport Tax'. By this, I mean how much profit company X makes from tyre!

After a brief bit of research, there appears to be a reasonable profit margin for a trader!!

My question is, if I could offer say a set of R888's for a decent saving over somewhere like Demon Tweaks, would there be any interest?? I'll not post figures or an example yet as I'm just looking to gauge initial interest!! I wouldn't be doing this to make a living, just fund my hobby so the profit I would make would be invested into my clio for trackdays!!

Any feedback, more than welcome

Hi Guys

after a little feedback from anyone and everyone on a little venture that I'm considering.

Having looked into tyres....namely trackday tyres, it got me wondering how much profit was in one with what I like to call 'Motorsport Tax'. By this, I mean how much profit company X makes from tyre!

After a brief bit of research, there appears to be a reasonable profit margin for a trader!!

My question is, if I could offer say a set of R888's for a decent saving over somewhere like Demon Tweaks, would there be any interest?? I'll not post figures or an example yet as I'm just looking to gauge initial interest!! I wouldn't be doing this to make a living, just fund my hobby so the profit I would make would be invested into my clio for trackdays!!

Any feedback, more than welcome

Of course, more competition is healthy.

You might have **** for selling them too cheap though.

I'm not bothered, I've been investing my hard earned into the aftermarket/Motorsport industry for 13 years now....and have had my pants royaly pulled down on prices by one company or another.

I understand that companies need to operate at a profit in order to exsist, but there are some that operate at the 'Greed' level!!

thanks for the response though :smile:

A quick example of what we could offer....

Yokohama AD08 215 45 17......£100 each plus delivery at £5....so £105 delivered.

Demon Tweaks, EARS ETC £122 Delivered...

:wink:

I'm not trying to sell as of yet Fox :smile:

Just gauging interest. Could you inbox me with some details regarding being a trader so I can build into a buisness plan :smile:

many thanks

I would be interested in a set of trackday tyres like the 888s altough I am tempted to try the Dunlop direza dz03g next time.

A quick example of what we could offer....

Yokohama AD08 215 45 17......£100 each plus delivery at £5....so £105 delivered.

Demon Tweaks, EARS ETC £122 Delivered...

:wink:

Pretty good man. Love the idea. AD08 is currently my favorite.

We had a trader on here who disappeared but actually done fairly well for the small amount of time he was here.

Thanks for the response guys, keep it coming :smile:

what at tyres would interest folk in particular? Obviously the likes of Toyo R888, Yoko A048R & AD08's would be a given. Any other suggestions??

Cheers Chewy! Will look into those!!

If we do decide to give this a whirl, it won't be until into the new year.

This venture will purely be a sideline for us, we have a full time jobs and this will be done inbetween work and free time :smile: