After market top mounts

wootwoot

Paid Member
Hi all,
Just wanted to ask if this was a common thing or just my shitty luck.
I changed to B14s a few years and put new SKF top mounts in, 10000kms later they were shot and broken and moving around in the top hat.
So i had them changed for another aftermarket brand, and it looks likes they are also starting to tear up, on the drivers side is the worst, and the left side is looking a tad better but not by much.
I use the car daily and have some bad roads where i live, so big pavement changes, bumps and uneven surfaces.
Is this a common issue and should i change them back to OEM top hats, or even the standard ones that came with the car as they look better than the replacements so far.

Other mods include the raptor ball joints, and super pro rear control arm bush. The car is not slammed but i do drive it hard on occasion on back roads.

I had the same problem with standard mounts, they were constantly splitting (genuine and non genuine). I moved to a set of GAZ coilovers in the end

Reactions: wootwoot
Quick question. Are you meant to reuse the standard bump stops with the B14s?? I know they have an internal one but are you meant to use a chopped version of the bump stop with the standard top hat?