March

As March is fast approaching the 07 plate owners like myself must be contemplating near financial ruin , Tax, service , MOT all in the same month
This is the first time i have enjoyed owning a car so much that i have kept it for 3 years , i see nothing else at the moment that i would rather drive (within my price range that is )
So lets hope the MOT is kind to me , i have nightmares about brake pads and discs at the moment :blush:

Depends on how you drive and look after your car.

If its low millage and you tend to not thrash it too much i would have thought the brakes would be fine. However if you "use" them, then its inevitable.

Personally with cars reaching 3 years old, i always have a check up done before the MOT arrives and sort any niggles before it happens.

25000 Miles not really thrashed the arse out of it

Id have thought your discs would be fine then? Pads might be getting close though.

Do the standard discs not have the wear dimples? Or is that just the after market Brembos?

I just bought a Clio 07 plate and the brakes had totally had it, loads of pad left but every thing was glazed and correded.

just spent £500 getting it all done

how easy is it to remove the discs yourself

really simple mate once the wheel is off unbolt the caliper and take it off the disc and you will see two screws in the disc that you unscrew one is lined up with a hole for the wheel nuts just unxcrew these and they come off

mines due as well mate.just had it checked over and everything seems to
be fine.GOOD LUCK

With 25k miles and no track abuse your discs will be fine for sure. Mine lasted roughly 55k and I abused them from time to time...

if it makes you feel better with the pads, mine got replaced at 35k, no track but they have been 'used'. discs still goin at 45k, prob need doin soon though.

the disks and pads I took off had plenty of material left,

but they were still nackered.
I had to do a full strip down , clean and rebuild.

Mine is due on May 1st, fingers crossed everything is ok. It's only got 8000 miles on the clock so hopefully all is a ok. :smile: