Manifold & Exhaust Diameters...

Willis

The Gatekeeper
Platinum Member
How do!!!

I've had a search but can't seem to find a definitive answer to what I'm looking for so here goes...

Basically I'm after the diameter (I.D or O.D) for the following;

Stadard Centre Pipe
Manifold Collector (After Pre-Cat but before the joint for the Centre Pipe)

If anybody has a Manifold or Standard Exhaust lying around, could you please do the honours with the tape measure...

Cheers,

Will

standard*center*pipe is 60 outside, and pipe is 1.5 mm thick. i THINK after the cat it's the same but haven't measured it. Hope it helps.

What are you planning to do ?

Thank you muchly!!! :thumbsup:

I would imagine that it'd be the same after the Cat too. Roughly works out at 2 3/8", actually a little more than I thought... I've been doing some research into exhausts and manifolds over the last few months as I'm planning to make my own system up in the near future and I was just wondering out of interest what the standard items were as it's not something I've ever measured and I have a K-Tec (Magnex) on now so don't have access to a standard one to measure myself.

I'd worked out something along the lines that the smallest diameter pipe you would want to use for a 2.0 NA engine producing 200-230BHP and using a single collector manifold would be 2 3/8", smaller than that and you would start to restrict the engine. There is of course also an upper limit as to what is useful for the power range too... There's more to it than that, but in a nutshell that's it. Looks like the Renaultsport guys had come to the same conclusion too!!! :smiley: