Magnetic sump plug

Never tried one but it makes sense, I do however wonder if with it collecting particles over a period of time, could lead to a buildup of them letting go through the motion of the oil itself, it could cause more harm than not having one fitted in there in the first place.

Never tried one but it makes sense, I do however wonder if with it collecting particles over a period of time, could lead to a buildup of them letting go through the motion of the oil itself, it could cause more harm than not having one fitted in there in the first place.

it wont get through the filter...

yes have fitted to the engine and gearbox, yes M16x1.5

Cheers mate

Very valid point there matey lol, although it does bring into question the point in fitting one to the engine in the first place

Yeah it does kinda, but better to have than not especailly on a fresh engine. I meant to sort one for the first oil on the new engine, but I need to do a change and about 1000miles on some more semi before switching to Millers Fully synth Nanodrive.

Cheers mate

Yeah it does kinda, but better to have than not especailly on a fresh engine. I meant to sort one for the first oil on the new engine, but I need to do a change and about 1000miles on some more semi before switching to Millers Fully synth Nanodrive.

Did you have an issue with the previous engine or you been busy doing a monster rebuild?

Did you have an issue with the previous engine or you been busy doing a monster rebuild?

Yes to both and no to both!!

Short story is after the manifold it went for a remap, compression was low and bore scope showed an image of what looked like crumbling/pitted pistons. Engine removed, stripped and found bottom end to be perfect!! - Hence the yes and no to having a previous issue :smile: (compression was probably being lost through inlet valve seats as they needed a fair bit of work to lap in with the single piece valves).
As for monster rebuild, well kinda yes (it's lots of steel and forged bits that costs a fortune!!), but mostly no right now - because currently im not making any more power over stock. - variety of things to attempt/fix before I give up though.

Yes to both and no to both!!

Short story is after the manifold it went for a remap, compression was low and bore scope showed an image of what looked like crumbling/pitted pistons. Engine removed, stripped and found bottom end to be perfect!! - Hence the yes and no to having a previous issue :smile: (compression was probably being lost through inlet valve seats as they needed a fair bit of work to lap in with the single piece valves).
As for monster rebuild, well kinda yes (it's lots of steel and forged bits that costs a fortune!!), but mostly no right now - because currently im not making any more power over stock. - variety of things to attempt/fix before I give up though.

At least once it's all done, you know the engine is prime for further progression.

I sold the my clio, onto a megane 250. This one is hopefully going to remain fairly standard though.

I sold the my clio, onto a megane 250. This one is hopefully going to remain fairly standard though.

famous last words there mate!! I said that about the Clio, though at least the Meg has some straight line pace to go with it and turbo's and remaps are I guess 2nd nature now-a-days.

famous last words there mate!! I said that about the Clio, though at least the Meg has some straight line pace to go with it and turbo's and remaps are I guess 2nd nature now-a-days.

;-)

You know what it's like, maybe a little more noise and better pad material but other than that .... I just want to fully detail it, rather spend my spare time keeping it it in best possible condition than tamper too much.

Just don't go snooping on any megane forums as I may be eating my words lol

Dangerous ideas mate! All I wanted was a bit more noise to stop it sounding like a sewing machine!!