Mac mini

My computer is taking up too much room so I'm looking to downsize.
I already have an ipad so don't want a laptop, so I want a desktop, I was thinking a bout a Mac mini, nice and small and fairly powerful for what I will use it for, has anyone got one? If so what are your thoughts on it?

I was looking at one, but I don't think it had a cd drive on it so would be useless to me as a desktop cause I only used my desktop for iTunes, I bought a MacBook Pro instead and am over the moon with it

My sister has had a Mac mini for years! Don't worry about the lack if cd drive all macs are ditching disc drivers, old news! Haha. Mac mini is perfect In Lots if ways!

What do you want to use it for? Not neccesserily here but try and list the things you use a desktop for, make sure that it can do all those things, then maybe look at what other options there are like atom based PC's or small mini-itx systems etc.

I really think the new minis are superb. Seen a nice upgrade over the last model.

Another advantage is that it's the cheapest way into the Mac ecosystem. Yes it doesn't come with a DVD drive but you can buy the Apple SuperDrive to sit on top of the mini.

I have all basic pc needs browsing etc, but thought It would also make a good hOme entertainment system, like an Apple TV but more functions, I was thinking of hooking it up to my 32" TV and getting a wireless keyboard and mouse, think I might get one, the fact it has no cd drive doesn't bother me too much as you can buy separate ones.

Think you can also upgrade the ram pretty easy as well.