Lurker with a Meg 265......

jonny157

"Vader"
Finally had my account ok'd by Admin, anyway, thought I'd join up on here as it was recommended by Kev 'nutnutwelshman' and there seems to be a bit more activity than over on Meganesport ! Some will probably have seen me about on some of the drives lately. This was my last car, a Meg R26 which I owned from new and loved every minute of - was mapped up to stage 2 by RS Tuning to 265 bhp and 320 of foot pounds, went quite well :smile:

b6dfa8fd80d13804edf47ba3521169d5_zps291d1366.jpg

Sold that one to get the current Meg, black RS265 with cup pack and 19s, it's an ex demo as the new prices are a bit of a joke tbh !

a8fa20fcda78ab807f5c543c39310e98_zps3e6b05b3.jpg

Pic above is courtesy of a guy on cliosport, cracking pic whoever took it.

Before the R26 I had a 172 and prior to that a Clio valver, so Renaultsport runs through my veins a bit !

Be good to get out on some more local drives

Jonny

not just 19's but its the bridgestone pack, fantastic tyre mate except in damp conditions.

They get very sticky very quickly on track. Not cheap to renew unless you know the right dealer, I got 2 new ones today for a cracking price of £360 !!! i do go through em tho........

Welcome Jonny nice Guys on here just like Family :tongueout:anic:hope I did not hold you up on the run at Hartside

Cheers Kev, think you were holding me up mate come to think of it :wink:. Would've been interesting to see a Meg at the front though to stretch the legs of the Clios :wink:

Now then mate! Good to see you on here. Hopefully not long till your on another run out! :thumbup:

Cheers Jake, another run would be good. That run to Malton was a good one, I'll never forget your mental overtake manoeuvre just outside of Broughton !!!

not just 19's but its the bridgestone pack, fantastic tyre mate except in damp conditions.

They get very sticky very quickly on track. Not cheap to renew unless you know the right dealer, I got 2 new ones today for a cracking price of £360 !!! i do go through em tho........

Those Bridgestones must be mega soft, the car had only done 4700 when I got it and needed new fronts not long after ! Got Assymetric 2s on the fronts now, will be going for the same on the back when they're needed

Those Bridgestones must be mega soft, the car had only done 4700 when I got it and needed new fronts not long after ! Got Assymetric 2s on the fronts now, will be going for the same on the back when they're needed

Yes they are the A at the end of RE050A is the soft compound version, i think these have a revised tread pattern but i forgot to look and just remembered so they may be better or wear out quickly even more. TBH i would have kept them on if your going to track it unless your going all out onto semi slicks.

Great choice in car tho and there are quite a few 250/65 owners on here now.

Welcome!

That is one great pic of your 265, they seem to look better every time I see them... I must own one of them in the future... :001_tt1:

I echo this, they are superb tyre, got them on the raider, just had two more delivered, managed to get them for £140 a corner

You must have had another flyer on Tuesday Jonny, spotted you straight away again

Similar Thread Suggestions