Low on power every now and then

Hi guys,

Every now and then (every other day now as its been getting more often) my car seems to be really down on power, and won't pull very much at all, and also when the engine gets to higher revs (4.5k+) it starts to sound a bit rough.

When this happens I stop the car, turn the engine off and back on and then it's fine and back to normal again.

I'm wondering whether it might be a faulty sensor of some sort. Any ideas?

Do you know anyone with a fault code reader? Might be worth getting fault codes read, see if anything has been logged.

It sounds electronic to me, with it being ok after a restart.

Do you know anyone with a fault code reader? Might be worth getting fault codes read, see if anything has been logged.

It sounds electronic to me, with it being ok after a restart.

Unfortunately no I don't. Anyone on here in the South West (Bristol) area with one?

Correct.

Had a fault code reader plugged in today and it said that it has a stored fault for camshaft sensor.

At least I know what the problem is now :smile:

make sure the wiring and wiring plugs on the loom are ok...

is that the sensor thats quite close to the oil refill, as over time maybe oil and crap have got onto the plug.

is that the sensor thats quite close to the oil refill, as over time maybe oil and crap have got onto the plug.

It's the one on the right hand side of the block, behind the dipstick. Easy to get out, swap the seal over and then put the new one in. Seems to have fixed the issue :smile: