Lotus Exige

///M

Gold Member
So Friday was the day.

Barclays made my day VERY stressful for no reason other than utter ineptitude but thankfully Mrs M came to the rescue and managed to get them to pull their finger out while I was in a branch and she was on a train... Seriously???

Anyway, it all came together.

Two days in, I'm in a bit of a learning curve with the car. For two reasons mostly. One, the gearbox can be extremely fussy, but I'll gel with it soon enough I think. And two, I'm FULL of bangs and bruises getting in and out and doing stupid things like forgetting to move the harnesses before I throw myself in so they don't stab me in the back. Seriously, I've got a massive scrape down my spine.

Doing the M6 toll was a lesson learned too. It's too wide (and you sit too centrally to the car) to even think about reaching a card machine from the drivers seat. Only option is to get out and look like you can't drive.

Honestly, I don't care one little bit. It's the rattly, creaky plastic shed I wanted it to be and it's utterly utterly brilliant.

Enough waffle. A few photos:

Exige 001.jpg
Exige 002.jpg
Exige 003.jpg
Exige 005.jpg
Exige 006.jpg
Exige 004.jpg

hurraaayyy!!finally Mes..so happy for you and she looks the business!!
so you are happy with it??may have missed it but are you keeping the m3 ??

hurraaayyy!!finally Mes..so happy for you and she looks the business!!
so you are happy with it??may have missed it but are you keeping the m3 ??

:smile: thanks a lot Pav. Over the moon with it. Can't stop looking at it. Kicking myself, I should have given you a shout on Friday. I stayed the night at my mum's in Cheadle (where the first pic was taken) so I wasn't a million miles away. I was bored to tears and just wanted to go for a drive.

Yes, plan is to keep the M3. It's a bit of a stretch but we're going to see how it goes. Hopeful it will be ok. Really hopeful.

Reactions: Pav
Wow, that looks f*****g amazing Mes! Awesome photos too! Absolutely love that, and just a tiny bit jealous :smile: mega pleased for you, you must be in seventh heaven knowing you own something so special! Sounds like it's been a journey to getting it, but makes it all the more sweeter I imagine!

Nice one, mate.

Reactions: ///M
:smile: thanks a lot Pav. Over the moon with it. Can't stop looking at it. Kicking myself, I should have given you a shout on Friday. I stayed the night at my mum's in Cheadle (where the first pic was taken) so I wasn't a million miles away. I was bored to tears and just wanted to go for a drive.

Yes, plan is to keep the M3. It's a bit of a stretch but we're going to see how it goes. Hopeful it will be ok. Really hopeful.
You should have Mes..I usually have nothing to do at weekends..would have been awesome to see your beauty in the flesh..next time for sure :thumb:

Reactions: ///M
Oh my word.

WE ARE NOT WORTHY !!

How on Gods Earth you have managed to keep this all to yourself in terms of actually going to collect I do not know....

I am so-so-so pleased for you Mes. I know what's gone on in your head and I'm sure behind the scenes in your household to get to this point. The culmination of a 'dream' and nothing less !

If visuals are nearly everything in terms of making memories and stirring emotions - then you have outdone yourself. I absolutely love the colour and even with a couple of less than visually appealing backdrops in the pics you've unleashed upon us :smile: - the car is clearly the star in every one. That has some serious presence.

I cant yet see how you have reservations over the mirrors and wheels. Perhaps I'm just more grateful than you. Lol. I love everything about it. The interior is just purposeful and gorgeous on a whole nother level.

Jaw droppingly gorgeous mate. You are one lucky guy as I'm sure you well realise.

So come on then...give us some more first impressions - while I go off to find your offfering me a ride so you can't backtrack on that....

Brilliant mate. I'm genuinely gushing for you: THAT is some serious metal **re: Plastic, carbon, titianium alloy etc

Stoked for you.

Reactions: Pav and Jimmy
Oh my word.

WE ARE NOT WORTHY !!

How on Gods Earth you have managed to keep this all to yourself in terms of actually going to collect I do not know....

I am so-so-so pleased for you Mes. I know what's gone on in your head and I'm sure behind the scenes in your household to get to this point. The culmination of a 'dream' and nothing less !

If visuals are nearly everything in terms of making memories and stirring emotions - then you have outdone yourself. I absolutely love the colour and even with a couple of less than visually appealing backdrops in the pics you've unleashed upon us :smile: - the car is clearly the star in every one. That has some serious presence.

I cant yet see how you have reservations over the mirrors and wheels. Perhaps I'm just more grateful than you. Lol. I love everything about it. The interior is just purposeful and gorgeous on a whole nother level.

Jaw droppingly gorgeous mate. You are one lucky guy as I'm sure you well realise.

So come on then...give us some more first impressions - while I go off to find your offfering me a ride so you can't backtrack on that....

Brilliant mate. I'm genuinely gushing for. THAT is some serious metal **re: Plastic, carbon, titianium alloy etc

Stoked for you.

Superb post, Shuv :smile:

Assaults the eyes in all the right ways, stunning from every angle and a truly raw looking car. Makes the Clio look so pedestrian! We so need a meet organised!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: ///M and Pav
Absolutely over the moon for you Mes! Really glad it's all worked out, bet you're chuffed.

I saw your teaser shot over on Instagram last night and I've been checking here ever since waiting for this thread!

F*****G lovely is all I can say, what a machine. Really hope we get to see this in the flesh one day at a meet of some kind. Congrats!

Gotta love the Exiges...As said, so happy for you matey and hopefully not only you won't be selling the M3 but you'll get time to drive the lot! That's the most important thing:smile:

Run in Wales end of July? Please??:smiley::smiley:

Oh my word.

WE ARE NOT WORTHY !!

Brilliant mate. I'm genuinely gushing for you: THAT is some serious metal **re: Plastic, carbon, titianium alloy etc

Stoked for you.

Epic post Shuv, thanks so much mate. And thanks for letting me bend your ear from time to time. You definitely helped keep me sane at some points!

Yep, still don't like the mirrors AT ALL. But I keep telling myself there are much better things to spend £500 on! Wheels, I'll admit they've grown on me a little but that might just be new car excitement. I'd still like lighter ones!

First impressions... hard to be able to give anything like a report really mate. I've not had a chance to settle into the car enough yet. However, I've scared myself silly on a few roads I know quite well and I'm already more impressed than I thought I would be. When pushing on, the experience is absolutely manic but feels really in control. It fills me with confidence like nothing I've ever driven before. The steering is by far and away the best I've experienced. Engine note is better than I was expecting too. With the exhaust valve open it's just about on the right side of anti-social and is pitched just perfectly. Cool being able to calm it down with a switch too.

Handling is obviously through the roof, I've only driven it in sport mode so far so I've not experienced the full wizardry of the traction system but I know that sport mode does allow an entertaining amount of slip that you can prod at when you like. Road manners are surprisingly excellent over uneven surfaces, as you'd expect from a Lotus. And the brakes... I've not even come close to pushing them yet.

Having a lot of trouble with getting in and out out. Had a shower today and I was laughing at how many scrapes and bruises I had.

:smiley:

Last edited:
Absolutely over the moon for you Mes! Really glad it's all worked out, bet you're chuffed.

I saw your teaser shot over on Instagram last night and I've been checking here ever since waiting for this thread!

F*****G lovely is all I can say, what a machine. Really hope we get to see this in the flesh one day at a meet of some kind. Congrats!

Thanks a lot mate. Teaser was all I could manage last night before the Mrs wanted to get out for a drive. Who are you on Insta?

Awesome. What's the specs?

3.5ltr supercharged V6
345bhp @ 7000rpm
296lb ft @ 4500rpm
0-60 3.8
174mph top speed

Power to weight is similar to a 996 GT2 or an F430.

Race pack, premium sport pack and convenience pack (you should see the cup holder it's HILARIOUS).

Reactions: Sean197
Gotta love the Exiges...As said, so happy for you matey and hopefully not only you won't be selling the M3 but you'll get time to drive the lot! That's the most important thing:smile:

Run in Wales end of July? Please??:smiley::smiley:

Let's discuss in detail over a few beverages mate :thumb:

Reactions: Yiannis197

Similar Thread Suggestions