New lotus

Ordered a new track toy today

got a new lotus elise a club racer in toxic green.

its to be built in September. Keeping it purist my only option was the soft top.

no stereo, no carpets, no sound deadening, no AC. Lightweight battery and seats. Adjustable suspension and anti roll bar.

i will be adding the TRD airbox but the exhaust isn't trackday friendly. Also gettin the front clam ventureshield fitted

fetting a factory tour as part of my deal so hope to see my car being built if I can time it right.

Will probably sell the clio eventually but in the meantime put it back to standard and use it as a daily driver or if I can justify it I might keep it.

Last edited:
Sounds great Ken, will await some pictures once she lands :smile:

Oh, and it would be epic if you could see it being built too!

Yeah I hope I get to see that. The factory tour would be good to see anyway bu to see my actual car would be great

this is what it will look like

91AC56A0-DFC5-4685-85E6-AF91B139AD6C_zpsbncfeunh.jpg

22ADA1F4-3FAC-427F-A8E4-28EE29A3BDA0_zpspvtlgzd7.jpg

Very nice Ken, I had a look at a new one recently on the 50/50 offer which was very tempting until they pointed out that it was based on 6,000 miles per year. Thats just nowhere near enough for me.

I'm soooooooooo jealous!

That's lovley!

Which engine has it got? Toyota engine?

Sorry not for me have a few mates that have had them angel knows one of them he had an exige couldn't stay with my ph1 over priced I think , but hey if your happy sod any one else mate !!!

Sorry not for me have a few mates that have had them angel knows one of them he had an exige couldn't stay with my ph1 over priced I think , but hey if your happy sod any one else mate !!!

Mr Scatergood? Been taking with him about them and yes they might not be the quickest cars but I think they are a car that some people just have to own in their lives.

Yes mate I went in his exige , truly stunning looking car , but oh my god slow as hell , like we have both said mate some love em some hate em , it's good we're not all the same !! If ya happy sod any one else me included ,

If 4.2 to 60 and 145mph is slow I don't know what your used to!

on the test drive the 1-2-3 gear acceleration was pretty brutal above 4500rpm.

people say the clio 197/200 is slow but its rare I'm overtaken on track. It's about the package as well as statistics.

a lot of my choosing this car was I prefer the driving experience over statistics. I could have bought a GTR if I wanted and gone much quicker but I want to learn how to really drive not let driver aids make me think I can drive. Something I always enjoy about my clio.

Gez - it's the 1.8 Toyota supercharged engine. A cracking little engine. I forgot what it was like to have torque but it revs like hell too. It's really nicely suited to the car.

mine will have the track suspension - the demonstrator I drove had the road/comfort suspension and that was damn good so I'm expecting mine to be epic on track.

Very nice Ken, I had a look at a new one recently on the 50/50 offer which was very tempting until they pointed out that it was based on 6,000 miles per year. Thats just nowhere near enough for me.

That 50/50 is a good deal but I got a big discount by not taking it. It cost le the dealers a lot as they have to subsidise lotus for it. It's usually the other way around!

Epic car then Ken! I drove the Exige S at the 'ring and the thing was brutal, 260hp all the way to 8,500rpm was immense.

If u re read what I put ken it days went in my mates exige slow as hell , his was the non charged version at around 17 to 18 grand second hand , and yes slow as hell , I beat him hands down in a 800 quid ph1 ? I stand by what I've said I think there rubbish , but I also stand by what I said , if your happy etc etc , that's all that matters and my new daily ?? 3.5 0- 60 and top end easy 185 plus !!

Epic car then Ken! I drove the Exige S at the 'ring and the thing was brutal, 260hp all the way to 8,500rpm was immense.

The dealers I got mine from have a solar yellow exige cup v6 in with all the track stuff on it - cage, harnesses, fire extinguisher and it out switches inside and outside.

if I had a spare £65k that would be the one. Awsome bit or machinery!

Hmmmmm, now I'm not a fan of the V6 in them, I prefer the original idea of a small lightweight Lotus, Exige S 260 Cup for me all day over the newer V6

Hmmmmm, now I'm not a fan of the V6 in them, I prefer the original idea of a small lightweight Lotus, Exige S 260 Cup for me all day over the newer V6

Yes the new one is huge in comparison. It's a different car altogether really.

i actually wanted an s2 exige S with sport pack but for age/spec/condition I want with decent miles is pushing what i paid for the CR which is similar performance but with a 3 yr warranty and serving and no hidden past.

i think the a 2 exige is one of the all time best looking cars.

Similar Thread Suggestions