Loss of power when engine is hot

Usman

Paid Member
that will be heat soak effecting air inlet temps & the knock on effect it will also run less timing advance too due engine heat
You always seem to have an answer so ill ask you: my car stutters when hot between 2k and 3k rpm. It also wont rev to redline sometimes. The exhaust will pop and itll feel like hitting redline. I have plugged in an obd reader, tried a new cam sensor all to no result. The car is stock. Ive cleaned my throttle body and vvt solenoid. I will try unplugging the vvt solenoid connecror and see if it is a vvt fault. If not, do you have any ideas? Also, belt not due a change until next year or 10k more miles.

Usman

Paid Member
You always seem to have an answer so ill ask you: my car stutters when hot between 2k and 3k rpm. It also wont rev to redline sometimes. The exhaust will pop and itll feel like hitting redline. I have plugged in an obd reader, tried a new cam sensor all to no result. The car is stock. Ive cleaned my throttle body and vvt solenoid. I will try unplugging the vvt solenoid connecror and see if it is a vvt fault. If not, do you have any ideas? Also, belt not due a change until next year or 10k more miles.
And as mentioned i also suffer the same problem discussed in this post. My fan will kick in a lot in traffic which it didnt before but the car wont overheat. The coolant and thermostat were also changed

Foxspeed

"the new red baron"
are you using a quality fuel in the tank?

what are the plugs like - colour/condition?

Foxspeed

"the new red baron"
Im totally lost for explanations now. And the car is no fun to drive this way.
same here!

thinking out laud so to speak would be thinking either first lambda - need this on diagnostics to see how its working or a total clutching at straws tdc sensor as when these go faulty there usually isnt a fault code

Reactions: Pav

Usman

Paid Member
same here!

thinking out laud so to speak would be thinking either first lambda - need this on diagnostics to see how its working or a total clutching at straws tdc sensor as when these go faulty there usually isnt a fault code
Thank you for your help ill let you know how it goes :smile: