Looking for a 197

tell me about it, my miss went ape ***t on me when I told her i was planning to sell the 197 LOL, back to the topic though, wouldnt care about the wear issue, any upholsterer can fix you cheap, if you dont want to do the whole interior you could replace the wearing piece with some leather, do it on both your recaros, just on the seat base I mean... and they do make the car tbh, mines fully packed, auto climate, xenons, panoramic sunroof - which is great!, but no recaros, and its a pain, today if I was speccing a new car, I would forget all the other extras, would take recaros for first, then whatever of the budget was left, could spend it on the other bits

was it a mk1? you don't live in etterby do you? in the newish estate?

Yea mk1, no I was living in a village outside Carlisle at the time, you might have seen the plate though? (any excuse to put pic up);/

DSC01288.jpg

DSC01314.jpg

tell me about it, my miss went ape ***t on me when I told her i was planning to sell the 197 LOL, back to the topic though, wouldnt care about the wear issue, any upholsterer can fix you cheap, if you dont want to do the whole interior you could replace the wearing piece with some leather, do it on both your recaros, just on the seat base I mean... and they do make the car tbh, mines fully packed, auto climate, xenons, panoramic sunroof - which is great!, but no recaros, and its a pain, today if I was speccing a new car, I would forget all the other extras, would take recaros for first, then whatever of the budget was left, could spend it on the other bits

thanks for that mate I think I need them in my life haha

Last edited:
Yeah to me the Recaro's are a MUST! I wouldn't buy another 197/200 without them TBH, they just add the theatre to the experience and make it feel more "special". Obviously this is all personal opinion...

They do come around though mate, mines not an R27, but has Xenon, Cup, Recaro etc.

Yea mk1, no I was living in a village outside Carlisle at the time, you might have seen the plate though? (any excuse to put pic up);/

DSC01288.jpg

DSC01314.jpg

thanks for that mate I think I need them in my life haha

You still in the Cumbria area...us 197 drivers are very few and far between in the...Proper North!

Yeah to me the Recaro's are a MUST! I wouldn't buy another 197/200 without them TBH, they just add the theatre to the experience and make it feel more "special". Obviously this is all personal opinion...

They do come around though mate, mines not an R27, but has Xenon, Cup, Recaro etc.
Let's just say you had a choice of two cars - exactly the same - one with recaros and one without.

With = £10k
Without = £6k

You still sticking with the recaros ?

The point is - at what point are the recaros no longer worth it - for me the £1000 Renault were asking to have them just wasn't worth it (Especially as the whole car only cost me 13 times that) . As you say personal choice - World would be a boring place if we all wanted the same things in life :smiley:

yeah i've seen the plate on a focus rs in my old street i am sure.
did you sell the plate to someone?

stu.

i've always had a soft spot for the mk1 rs. i am thinking of buying the lowest milage example i can to put in the garage after herrick :smile:

haha maybe your right, my lass isnt too sure about it though.

you got any opionions on the two I mentioned Steve?

One with the zenons looks ok- although I thought I saw it on PH for £6875which was a big gap between that & the current ebay bid-
I reakon 6300....

S

yeah i've seen the plate on a focus rs in my old street i am sure.
did you sell the plate to someone?

stu.

i've always had a soft spot for the mk1 rs. i am thinking of buying the lowest milage example i can to put in the garage after herrick :smile:

No still got the plate. maybe I was parked on your street!?

One with the zenons looks ok- although I thought I saw it on PH for £6875which was a big gap between that & the current ebay bid-
I reakon 6300....

S

Cheers Steve, I got my eye on it but also looking at R27 for good money too

No still got the plate. maybe I was parked on your street!?

Cheers Steve, I got my eye on it but also looking at R27 for good money too

The duck on cliosport has a nice one going up that hasnt been listed yet

glacier white 08 iirc

Well worth a look-

Steve

Let's just say you had a choice of two cars - exactly the same - one with recaros and one without.

With = £10k
Without = £6k

You still sticking with the recaros ?

The point is - at what point are the recaros no longer worth it - for me the £1000 Renault were asking to have them just wasn't worth it (Especially as the whole car only cost me 13 times that) . As you say personal choice - World would be a boring place if we all wanted the same things in life :smiley:

If there was that much in the difference then I'd be looking elsewhere. Either one is over priced or the other one is broke lol! They wouldn't carry that much difference in resale value. To me they are worth a price difference. Like you said though if we all wanted the same things, we'd all have glacier's with speedlines :wink: :smiley:

If there was that much in the difference then I'd be looking elsewhere. Either one is over priced or the other one is broke lol! They wouldn't carry that much difference in resale value. To me they are worth a price difference. Like you said though if we all wanted the same things, we'd all have glacier's with speedlines :wink: :smiley:
Had they been £300 more on the new car I'd have probably gone for them - But I've got better things to do with £1,000.

Speedlines - yuck :smiley: