Looking for a 197

Hello people :hug1: ive just sold my LY182 and am now thinking of a 197.

I would like a decent spec with Xenons and Im thinking Recaros are a must.

I like the R27s but possibly holding more money than I want to pay.

My first question is: how rare are 197s with Recaros that arent R27 model or a cup?

There seems to be very few if any I can find for sale at the moment with them in.

I wouldn't get too held up on the Recaros, the standard seats are good. Plus the Recaros have a wear issue. Xenon's do seem to be a popular option, but the projector's with cornering lights are good too. The 197 comes with some good standard gadgets as it is, such as the keyless entry and go.

I wouldn't get too held up on the Recaros, the standard seats are good. Plus the Recaros have a wear issue. Xenon's do seem to be a popular option, but the projector's with cornering lights are good too. The 197 comes with some good standard gadgets as it is, such as the keyless entry and go.

Thanks for that, I know I shouldnt but ive been out in a mates FRS with them in and sat in a 200 at local dealer on Sat with them in and they were great and I fell if I dont get them I will kick myself for it, the wear issue has made me think twice though!!

how much are you looking at spending Dan i may know where there is a nice LY R27 with 12 months warranty, unmarked recaro's no xenons though

All seats wear, the standard seats in my 182 did.
I've done 16,000 miles in my 200 on STD seats and they look as good as when I bought the car.

Seen threads here and on other forums where folk are on their 2nd / 3rd set of recaros because of wear issues.

Not a big problem if they're under warranty - but if you haven't got warranty protection it would be a real concern for me.

From what I've seen of the issue a good set of covers would probably be a worthwhile investment for 2/3+ year old recaros.

My R27 recaro's were rubbish as jasey says if you do get one with recaro's seat covers would be the best thing to get think a company does them on ebay for about £60 worth every penny!!!

Thanks for the response!!

get yourself on this http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8063

and that'll help :smile:
you can also actively ensure you don't drop into the seats to help reduce wear.

Whats this then? I assume i have to be a paid up member to see this?

So heres one for you people to roughly value

06 Albi
Full spec inc Recaros - In good cond
Only problem is it only have one stamp in the book to prove SH

Book price sasy £6900 for good private. Does this bear anything to actual market value?

Thanks for the response!!

Whats this then? I assume i have to be a paid up member to see this?

it's an interior retrim (i'm just getting fronts done for now) leather and alcantara :smile:
i didn't know you had to be a paid up member to see the traders part of the site, do now! lol