197: Looking at this car

Afternoon chaps

Im currently thinking about ditching my A3 and returning to an RS. I've been looking at this car and was wondering if anyone knows of it?

516e101e-087e-bc82.jpg
516e101e-0887-5d9b.jpg
516e101e-088e-ea24.jpg
516e101e-0897-da1d.jpg

Air ConditioningFull Service History6 Speed GearboxABSAdjustable SeatsAuto HeadlightsAuto windscreen wipersCloth Seat TrimComputerCruise ControlElectric MirrorsFoglightsHeated Rear WindowKey Less Start And GoPower Assisted SteeringRadioRear WiperRemote LockingSports SeatsXenon HeadlampsAlarmAlloy WheelsCentral LockingElectric Windows
*Car has covered 61,000 miles. This is a fantastic example of the clio 197. A full service history and HUGE spec. Just to list a few features; CUP PACK, Automatic xenon headlamps with cornering lighting and automatic wipers. Automatic air conditioning, Brembo brakes, ITG panel filter, tinted windows, Alpine headunit with bluetooth and ipod integration. Folding mirrors and keyless go. A very high spec car, please call for more information.

Only thing that's it's missing off my wish list is recaro's. Currently talking to the dealer to get a price on trade in for my car.

Looks very nice. I don't think it has cup-pack though, despite the red calipers, as I think the first cup-packed cars appeared in 07? I may be mistaken but you may want to check. It also has silver alloys which would lead me to believe it's not cup-packed (could you spec silver alloys on the cup-pack?).

Thanks for that info. I'm not too clued up on the 197 cup pack info like I am in the 1*2's. It is advertised as a 2007 car.

The cup chassis wasn't an option until October 2007 so I don't think this car will have it. The past owner replaced calipers or more likely had them painted red instead of the original silver.

The cup wasn't keyless that's got climate control not aircon no recaros neither

Can't tell but it looks like its been lowered
How much they asking for??

£7,995

I went and looked at a standard 197 in nimbus today at 6,995 but it was a bit of a nail and wasn't keep on the boggo dial interior. Clunky went switching vent direction etc.

Whats your reason for getting rid of the A3 and going back to the Clio world? The temptation is always there for me to swap mine to save on money but know would be kicking myself..

It "doesn't scratch that itch". It's a lovely car but after just 3 months I've released it's not for me. Plus it's only getting 38mpg from a tdi which is a concern!

Hmm I think £7,995 is pushing it for a car of this age and mileage !

That's around R27 money.

In regards to the cup pack, its hard to be 100% sure without ringing a Renault dealer and having them check the factory options BUT it does look like it does not have the cup pack.

That was my thinking too. Glad I haven't made the long drive to the dealer yet then!

Need to find a decent one at a dealer not too far away for up to 8k. Not having much luck!

It's what id like ideally. Guess I will have to be patient. Just can't find much around at the dealers currently.

That price/mileage/spec is shocking.

Shop around, bargains are out there.

With that mileage you want to be paying closer to £6k.

I got an 09 cup with recaros for £8k with over half that mileage.

Is it at one of those supermarket type of places?

You could maybe get something newer for around that pric as other have said, but it does look in fine nick.

If you go with that one, do make sure the Cambelt has already been done and if it hasn't then haggle at least £500 off the price. :wink:

The cup chassis wasn't an option until October 2007 so I don't think this car will have it. The past owner replaced calipers or more likely had them painted red instead of the original silver.

R27 have them 2007 but cup pack for FF197 only came out in March 2008