Lock Nuts

Jmax

197 F1 Team
Platinum Member
I know this has been asked thousands of time but I'm just wondering which lock nuts I should go for?

I know the spec for the nut should be m14*1,5mm 60degree cone seat, 27mm thread length, 19mm head. But I've been looking everywhere and the closes I can find is a m12.

I've looked at the McGard website

http://www.mcgard.de/en/home/automo...ack-edition/raddiebstahlsicherungsbolzen.html

And I'm just wondering if part number 27000SUB would do the job? even though its 31mm long?

Thanks in advance,
John

its hard to explain mate but if you use a 31mm bolt it might feel as though its tightening up in the hole before its fully tightened the wheel (on the rear anyway),this is because the bolt fowls on the casting onces its screwed through the disk

i bought a lot longer locking wheel nuts when i fitted my spacers,the only ones larkspeed sold with a 19mm head where 50mm long iirc so i just cut them down on the saw at work to suit,absolute doddle tbh mate

Ummm guess I'm going to have to go for a 17mm head then as I really can't be bothered cutting the lock nuts to meet my requirements

Similar Thread Suggestions