Liquid Yellow J37 same as Jaune Syrius J37. Is this only one and the same color guys?

Hi to every body, i like the color Liquid Yellow J37 So much....but i alwas see on the net that some pictures of the cars with LY j37 color look a bit darker and others look little lighter/fresher....see the two pictures

Color1
EditedR27Shot_19_zps142c18f2.jpg

Color2
cr739.jpg

Color3
p1070103.jpg

As you can see Color2 is darker than color1 and color2. My question is : Is LY the same color as Jaune Sirius J37, and does this color have different versions??? I need exactly the color code for color1 and color3, i don`t like much the dark efect of color2.

Other question: What pearls could you recommend to add to make color 2 more look like banana and/or color1 or color2 (Gray , aluminium like pearls maybe?)

Thaank you guys in advance!

Last edited:
If the paint code is the same, which you say it is being J37 then its the same colour. Light has a huge impact on how liquid yellow looks, as does how clean it is and what it's reflecting.

Photo 1: is inside under fluorescent lighting
Photo 2: outside on a dull day (you can see the grey clouds in the background)
Photo 3: outside in bright sunshine

Last edited:
I have a LY200 and I know the colour well. I have seen a few meg 250/265 and they are the same colour. But then there is a girl who come to the regional meets with a LY182 and it is lighter. When sitting next to mine it is a lighter shade and a little flatter. Then also when at the French car show 2013 I was looking at some LY V6's and they again were lighter like the 182. I've never seen a meg 225 in person in LY so can't comment on that.
my conclusion is that although they are the same colour code there maybe slightly different and changed it over the years. Also to add to this when I wanted some work done some painters said it was a 2 stage paint. And some said it was a 3 stage paint? Old and new codes?

How about adding more silver pearls - will this make the color a little lighter and look more close to the Picture1 and Picture3 from the pictures above...

and is Liquid Yellow J37 the same color as Jaune Sirius J37 ? (sorry for the stupid maybe question but i dont wanna make mistake...)

Last edited:
Jaune Sirius is the french name! they are the same paint. Its a pearl, it will be HIGHLY light / angel dependent.......

Possibly the wax or sealant used could make subtle difference, when on sealant my LY looks lighter and when on was or gloss, it looks darker/warmer. Something to do with how it affect the light reflection

Thank you so much guys, @FaithlessEmo please can you confirm that your car sometimes looks like the first picture from the first post 'Color1' . I mine your car from your forum signature looks a little 'gold', the question is also to the other owners - Do you see your car sometimes (depending on the light and the sun) like Color1 and sometimes like Color2 ?

I am only worried about not to make mistake with the color. I want to be sure that the color which a guy is offering me is the 'real' Liquid Yellow!
He painted a sample for me - piece of plastic and it looks more like 'Color2' from my first post but its 30x30 cm piece so i cant see the whole effect i think , maybe on a car one side is darker and one side is lighter like 'Color1'.

Who of you guys has car with this color=> http://www.automobilesreview.com/ga...9-renault-clio-renaultsport-200-geneva-03.jpg and is this the same color as 'Jaune Sirius J37'

This is also Liquid Yellow! I am in shock i mess the two colors....
Cant wait to make sure this is my color and will give the car to be painted :smile:

Last edited:
Just to point out Mk2 clio, Mk2 meg and Mk3 clio are J37

Mk3 meg, phase 2 twingo and Mk4 clio are ENV not J37

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to point out Mk2 clio, Mk2 meg and Mk3 clio are J37

Mk3 meg, phase 2 twingo and Mk4 clio are NVE not J37

NVE? I cant find this color code? Is this Liquid yellow again? Is it the lighter version of the liquid yellow? where can i see the formula of the NVE Liquid yellow?

Last edited:
I'd say most of the time mine looks like pic 2. But as said it does look different in different light. That's why I love the colour.
If you have Instagram and check my profile (FaithlessEmo) you will see plenty of pics close up and far away on sunny and cloudy days. Most don't have filters and are the natural colour.
Mite just had a clay bar and looks even better now.
Las for my profile pic, that has a filter on to look more gold.

NVE? I cant find this color code? Is this Liquid yellow again? Is it the lighter version of the liquid yellow? where can i see the formula of the NVE Liquid yellow?

Colour 3 of the pics you posted is ENV

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot friend! :smile:

OK here is my J37 Clio and my ENV megane side by side in the same light, you need to remember that angle the pic is taken at and light alters the colour greatly as its pearl. As you will see the car changes colour at various parts due to the pearl.

2ag3ig9.jpg

I doubt many have seen NVE tbh, its only been on the 265 Trophy, twingo (only know of one in LY) and 200T