Like for Like, who's left the clio for something new?

Yup I aren't a 5 door fan, not even a fan of having seats there lol! BUT... I wouldn't pay the extra for a golf when you could buy a Cupra (not FR) for less.

I would have a 'Rocco R... They are nice

I've always fancied a MINI GP

And an Exige

And a Z3M Coupe

And a focus RS mkII

And a R26.r

And I'll leave it there for now, the list is long

Since my 197 I have had a mini R56 coopers s which I loved. But had no end of engine trouble with it.
Now got a civic type r fn2 and love it. Many people don't rate it. But the interior is leagues ahead of the Clio and mini tbh. Really like it. Close call as to what I prefer 197 or fn2.
But do have to say think mini jcw would be the best car of the lot. Remap = 250+ bhp would be awesome!!!

Went and test drove a Mazda 3 MPS and I think I have found my next car. Loved it. Not going to buy that one that we drove though, I didn't realise until we got there it was sitting on huge 19" wheels and tyres would be about £180 each for a half decent one, if you want a top of the range you are looking closer to £300! No thanks. Going to try and find one with the standard 18" wheels instead. This one had been played with too. It had got wraps over all the badges, the interior door handles and some of it was coming off so looked a bit tatty. The clip had been broken on the armrest and it was a bit grubby inside. Plus it had done 42250 and was only 2 years old!

Not at all. I really was expecting it, but I think there must be some kind of torque restriction on first gear. It just seemed really fast and easy to drive. Plus the boost gauge was addictive to watch! Lol! 16 PSI woosh!

Went and test drove a Mazda 3 MPS and I think I have found my next car. Loved it.

Ah weird, went to look at one of these yesterday in Swindon but it had been sold the day before, gonna be testing one next weekend. Was the one you drove the newer ph2 version? over all what did you think of it?

Ah weird, went to look at one of these yesterday in Swindon but it had been sold the day before, gonna be testing one next weekend. Was the one you drove the newer ph2 version? over all what did you think of it?

Yes, was a 2009 59 plate. White one with 19" alloys at Evans Halshaw in Wakefield. I rang about 2 more in Northampton that had BOTH sold! The one hadn't even got any pictures available because it had only just come in.

Overall I loved it though. Really nice. Dash was more modern than the Clio's and everything felt well put together. The equipment it comes with is really good too. It's got everything! Heat seats are very welcome by my missus!

The steering isn't as weighty nor does it give as much feedback as the Clio. It's not as chuckable either, but it is a bigger car, so I expected that anyway. But the engine is smooth, the power is great and the brakes are good too. The seats were very comfy, but also gave a fair bit of support. Got some looks from a passing Evo. The boot isn't as big as I thought it might have been, but that's probably due to the Bose Sub Woofer in there!

I'm getting one, lets put it that way.

I think I would find it difficult to step in to something as good chassis wise as the clio. Would have to be something like the R26R or Evo FQ360 - or something that was in a completely different league for me.

Sounds cool, can't wait for a go myself now. Was quite funny in the showroom though as the salesman was giving us all the bumph about how fantastic the mps was and how much kit it has and how much we'll like it, when the Mrs simply turned, looked at him very unimpressed with his sales technique and simply said "Yeah, but is it as fast as my Clio"