Lighter wheels and offsets

Bola b2r in 17x7.5 is apparently 7.8kg and about £150 a wheel. Not a bad balance of weight and cost.

I went down to a 16 to save weight and money, not entirely straightforward though .

Will look them up, I run megane calipers so can’t reduce wheel size

Edit:
They only come in ET40 I think. (If I understand offsets, thats 28mm more sticking out than standard?)

Last edited:
ah forgetting i'm on a 205/45/16 tyre so slightly smaller, I am 32mm over standard with no problems but that will be why.

When you guys say Oz wheels being the best do you mean ultraleggras?
Nope. Allegeritas.

49497169961_28f9a1092f_b.jpg

Interested in peoples thoughts on ET vs spacers, my understanding is that the rear would be equivalent just higher load on bearings etc with spacers.

However on the front theoretically the scrub radius would be the same (ET vs spacers) but the distance to the hub increases which I assume must impact load / suspension travel when moving. In my experience (21 front and 19 rear) I have found spacers to be positive, this might be due to my ride height resulting in the scrub radius staying negative reducing the impact. Any thoughts on this?

The reason the OZ’s come in ET55 8j is to maintain the standard scrub.
They’re pretty much exactly where the standard 7.5j wheel sits

The only different I’ve spotted running mine is more unwanted steering feedback through the wheel.

Reactions: LiamP

The only different I’ve spotted running mine is more unwanted steering feedback through the wheel.

Yeah that seems logical, I guess the question is does the increase in track width make it worthwhile.

Seems like OZ's are the ones to get for this reason, seems like more thought went into getting them to handle better instead of look better.

Yeah that seems logical, I guess the question is does the increase in track width make it worthwhile.

I like them on the front, now that I have coilovers its even better as I can harden them a bit more. When running cup suspension the negative side of the spacers (softening the suspension) was a bit annoying. I didn't like the spacers on the rear which is why I wouldn't like wheels with an ET that is equivalent to spacers. I feel without the spacers on the rear the car is a bit more agile into the corner and more eager to turn on throttle through the middle of the corner

Just to mix it up have a look at the braid fullrace wheels they are a touch heavier but a far stronger wheel than the Oz’s

49d5f61da92eaa2e4f865b57c0ebca25.jpg

ec960ee1beacace4015aadd8966e9d4d.jpg

26772c3d6796c387d5677eb61eb044de.jpg

f3ef13916aea5df12cd7031d03d05022.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: av4625 and R20BTG