Light Painting and Cannock Chase

Tom

Platinum Member
Not at the same time though. Cannock Chase is well-known for people dogging there. For some reason, I assumed it would be okay at 11pm on a Saturday night.

I went to Cannock Chase to do some light painting and the first spot I wanted to use was pre-occupied by a couple fully just having it off in the back of an old mk2 Clio.

So, I didn't even get out of the car, we just moved onto another spot. At the second spot everything looked okay until we got out the car and could hear people in the trees behind us.

Not cool.

We ended up going to the roads near Moseley Old Hall, which were ideal.

Not a bad attempt at light painting, but I'm not very happy with it as it's nowhere near the quality I had hoped to achieve. Practice makes perfect, I guess.

8753610070_9162975e46_z.png
Renault Clio 200 Cup by Tom Cash, on Flickr

And here are some from my earlier drive through Cannock Chase:

8753610628_1850542134_z.png

8753610302_97b0bd2a1d_z.png

8752486937_3b5fa80a5c_z.png

8752486599_aa3490bd50_z.png

8752487133_bd9676421b_z.png
Zingy from EDF Energy by Tom Cash, on Flickr

I'm quite pleased with the daylight set, although a couple of them were soft in places.

Comments and criticism welcome as always.

Thanks for looking!

Tom.

Last edited:
Cheers man. I would, TBF. :smile: Send me a PM if you're interested in hooking up and doing something. :smile:

What settings to you use on your camera to take your pics?

You have the same camera as me but I suck at taking pics with it lol.

I shot that set in aperture priority mate and had my 50mm prime lens on, shooting at an aperture of F1.8 for that lovely shallow depth of field that you can see there.

White balance was on auto and AV mode means that shutter speed was also on auto. ISO was 100, obviously.

Then back at the PC I just played with the warmth in Lightroom a little. So I boosted the reds in the shadows, reduced the blacks and improved the brightness and contrast a little. Oh, and I may have adjusted the tone curves.

I wrote about it in my blog too. :smile:

http://www.tomcash.co.uk/renaultsport-172-182-shoot/

Looks great Tom, we'll have to meet up and you can take some of the MPS!

Awesome pictures.

1 thing. Silvervisions. They make the car. Orange standard indicators look completely out of place on the 200 IMO. Had to change mine straight

Edit:

Here we go

be676b9b3bbd6ce737807ddd5150ffae_zps776b4d2b.jpg