Leicestershire Remap

Looking into getting the 197 remapped...

Cant seem to find much on the search thats massively helpful on different companies :worried:

Any one had any experience of remaps in Leicestershire? :smile:

Any suggestions? :smile:

I am in Coventry and ended up down south for mine, not much local other than the generic mappers, if you want it done properly RS is probably best for you.

I imagine that a mapped 197 is similar to a 200 or maybe a little quicker. Having driven both a standard 200 and a standard 197 i'd say there is a definate difference. If you decide on rstuning then let me know as i'm also thinking of getting my 197 done soon. Are you going for a decat or just filter and map?

Last edited:
I imagine that a mapped 197 is similar to a 200 or maybe a little quicker. Having driven both a standard 200 and a standard 197 i'd say there is a definate difference. If you decide on rstuning then let me know as i'm also thinking of getting my 197 done soon. Are you going for a decat or just filter and map?

Thats good to know then :smile:

Just a filter and map I reckon, I've had the centre silencer removed so just hoping to cure the flatspot and a couple of noises with a bit more low down torque if possible.

Been looking at the Ktec website aswell, they seem to offer a good deal on the map+filter with fitting, but Im not sure how highly regarded they are!

What about yourself mate? :smile:

From what i gather both k-tec and RS are meant to be pretty good. It's just how close you are to one or the other. I'm in lincolnshire so not far from you and i'm based up in yorkshire so it'll be RS for me. Bit strange with them though as i went on their site and couldnt find an option for clio 197 tuning, it was only hearing about them on here that i found out they map 197's. I'm going for the same as you mate but in two minds about going decat as i want the car to run properly and not throw up error codes all the time.

I'll be speaking to RS soon but just waiting to get the spacers and geometry done first. I'd def say a map is worth going for though, some people say they can't tell much difference between the 197 and the 200 which is fair enough but i felt i could. 200 was much smoother and definatly quicker. At the end of the day i think they had that many people complaining about the 197 map that they actually did something about it and changed it for the 200.

Have you had a quote from RS for the filter and map?

Ah sweet makes sense for you then :smile:
My sister is going uni in Portsmouth so I was thinking of visiting her on the way to ktec but if RS tuning are similarly priced then it makes sense...

Nothing yet from them as im the same as you haha :smile:

Their website didn't give me much confidence but I haven't got round to giving them a ring yet.

Let me know how you get on when you speak to them pal?

yeh i agree mate the site isn't as good as k-tech's but like you i'd like to speak to them. i bet we'd both prefer a good service over a flashy website but i did wonder why there wasn't an option for 197/200 on there. I don't know about you but i've spent a lot of money in the past on tuning and have dealt with some rubbish companies. Spent over 13k on my gt4 and looking back i wish i'd known more. I've seen somewhere on here that an RS map is £350 which is more than k-tech but again it's the travelling and fuel costs isn't it.

ha ha not sweet with the manifold as it's about a grand all in for the job although i'm trying to get it done under the warranty that came with the car. Just trying to decide weather to go for a Toyosport or not.

Yeah definatley mate, once you've had a word with them let me know!! :smile:

Is RS tuning a custom map or generic? Thats my only other concern :worried:
From what I've found it is generic...

Might aswell get the Toyosport in all fairness mate, not too expensive and worst case scenario you could always remove + sell it?

Ah :innocent: Good luck with the warranty jobby either way!

Yeh will do but doubt it will be soon as I've got some saving to do. I think it's a generic loaded map (base map) and then customised for each car. This is how most tuners do it who map the same model car on a regular basis as it takes a while to build a map from scratch. But I doubt it's the same map for each car as not even the tuner box is generic as you send your info to them and they tweak the file for your car.

yeh I know just I'm worried about how it fits and about faults it will throw up. It's a pig of a job and v expensive to change the mani so Im worried about risking it and havin to remove it again that's all. Thanks hopefully they will pay for it!