Le Mans 2013

Anybody from here going? Would be nice to have a club roadtrip

My dad went 13 years in a row, so I feel like I must go in my life at least once.

I know it's 8 months off 22-23rd June 2013 - but it's always nice to have something to look forward to

I looked at doing it Via Travel Destinations - due to the sheer ease of it and found the following costs per car

http://www.lemansrace.com/deptcontent/public-on-circuit-campsites/5/

Four people per car = 122 each + fuel and food and about 42euros worth of tolls in france
3 = 137
2 = 169

Last edited:
We did the classic this year and was really good. No sleep and lots of drinking. The real Le Mans is supposed to be ten times better but would seriously advise using one of the organised camping ways as it was very festival with hardly and toilets and showers and that.

Will get some details as to costs as I know at the classic this year we spent nearly the same as the "posh" camping options and had non of the benefits that they had.

Arrive early for it and it really will be a great time. I would be up for the road trip if a few are off from here

That Speed Chills Package looks pretty damn good tbh. Would work out at £235 each for my car of three.

Pistonheads one says that it's limited to 140, with a price one £189 according to 1st tickets - could sell out quickly - I have e-mail them for availability

Hopefully we can all meet and get a Ferry at Dover on the Thursday and be there in time for Mad Friday.

It would be good to start a list for this,

1. Jcs
2. nutnutwelshman
3. iAndy

Last edited:
Am gonna email speedchills to see if we could do an alternative, I've got a big 6 man tent so in theory if we had a couple of big tents and then a couple of cars..... camp at blue nord and leave a car or two in the general parking area could save a fortune! Use our own crossings and bobs ya uncle :tongueout:

Admission is £73
Tent for 2 is £134 (no car)
Tent for 4 incl Car £419
2 seater car and 2 man tent £316
Food £60 (3 breakfasts, 3 evening meals)

am gonna email speedchills to see if we could do an alternative, i've got a big 6 man tent so in theory if we had a couple of big tents and then a couple of cars..... Camp at blue nord and leave a car or two in the general parking area could save a fortune! Use our own crossings and bobs ya uncle :tongueout:

admission is £73
tent for 2 is £134 (no car)
tent for 4 incl car £419
2 seater car and 2 man tent £316
food £60 (3 breakfasts, 3 evening meals)
beer £1000

efa :wink:

I lol'd pretty damn hard at £1000 beer, sounds about right though,

It might be just me, but I quite like the idea of having my car next to the tent, good for storage/locking stuff away in?

It would be good to get all available options though.

The Speed Chills site shows the following map for their sites.

lm24-speed-chills-map.jpg

The Blue Sud option is a tiny bit more expensive - obviously due to proximity of the start finish line.

E.g

Speed Chills Beausejour (7m x 5m suitable for standard car & small tent)
Camping 796.00 GBP - Dover - Calais - P&O = 4 people/4 = £199 each, 3 =£235, 2= £259

Speed Chills Bleu Sud (7m x 5m suitable for standard car & small tent)
Camping 908.00 GBP - Dover - Calais - P&O = 4 people/4 = £227, 3 = £273, 2 = £306

I e-mails 1st tickets who do the PH site - apparently they arn't taking bookings yet, but are well over subscribed for people showing interest. They get back to people in order of who showed interest first in the new year they think.

SuperQ Hypermarket and plenty of Ice to keep beer in lol. It will be like nothing you have done before will Le Mans and after going last year to the classic there is a few things that can plan to make sure its alot more enjoyable for all :smile:

this made me chuckle from the travel desinations page

Should I take my pet/child/wife/girlfriend camping on the Le Mans circuit?
No, not if you don’t want to
a) be reported to the RSPCA
b) be reported to the NSPCC
c) be divorced

We stayed at Blue Nord this year and it was really hand for everything, Blue Sud is just the next bit on

I did Le Mans this year, was an amazing experience.

Definitely going next year again......going along with about 15other mates all in abarths lol.

We booked with Speedchills and would highly recommend them:smile:

enydy2u7.jpg

This was us last year.

Right guys and girls, just spoken to speed chills as this would be my preferred choice, if we get a list together - Number of people, Car Type and Pitch size required we can sort out a discount :smile: they are willing to work with us to put a package together that will suit our requirements.

So get ya thinking caps on and let me know ya thoughts,

I don't want to take over on this but being a tight yorkshireman I am always on hand to help if it saves some ££'s :tongueout:

Also would be interesting to see where people want to sail from etc.

For instance

Dover (1 hour 30 crossing) is 355 mile from me, whereas Portsmouth is 204 (4 hour 20 crossing) - Plymouth is 39 miles (but 7 hours 35 crossing is a bit much tbh :/)

We could always rendevous in France somewhere on Thursday and convoy over to Le Mans.

Speedchills have said that they can reserve pitches together if convoyingd doesnt happen

Last edited:
To reserve pitches you will have to et numbered pitches. These are pretty limited.
This year 15 of us went on the Wednesday to get a massive pitch together as they wouldn't guarantee them together.
The campsite wanted to put us on a tiny pitch that wasn't big enough to get a tent on so I'd recommend getting there early!

Well this seems to have a gone a little on the quiet side. Personally I get uber excited with stuff like this and will probably book via speedchills in the next few days. If anybody else want to come with, please let me know so that I can try and get Speedchills to hold a spot next to us or move us about to be together.

Here is our quote.

Self-drive package
Start Date:20 Jun 2013 End Date:24 Jun 2013
Total number of nights (including travelling) : 4 nights
Total number of customers : 3

LM24 Speed Chills Beausejour via Brittany Ferries
C35 Speed Chills Beausejour (7m x 5m suitable for standard car & small tent) / Camping

4n - 861.00 GBP

Channel Crossing via Brittany Ferries

Speed Chills Club Private Camping Member

C35 Speed Chills Beausejour (7m x 5m suitable for standard car & 4-man tent)

3 x General Admission tickets

Royal Mail Delivery UK

TOTAL
861.00 GBP

Channel Crossing
Outbound : Brittany Ferries Portsmouth-Caen Thursday 20th June 08:15 (arr 15:00) OR 14:45 hrs (arr 21:30)

Return : Brittany Ferries Roscoff-Plymouth Monday 24th June 15:30 hrs (arr 20:30)

After looking in detail we felt that Beausejour camp site was a bit to far from the start/finish line and the action at 30 mins walk so did the same quote again for Blue Sud

Works out at £325 per person now.

We chose Portsmouth - Caen and Roscoff - plymouth - home as it works out nearly 600 miles less over the 4 days for us. Would be silly to go to Dover and down.

Similar Thread Suggestions