Laguna driver trapped for an hour at 125mph with no brakes...wtf!

Now I'm going to be tempted to double tap my start button whenever I'm driving along to see if it cuts the engine out.

Thanks guys

Remember you'll have no braking servo though. Prob not the best idea. Although I turned mine off in a empty car park. Can't remember if the steering locks too... Let's not try this out eh? I've always thought, what if the front seat passenger presses the stop button at high speed? No brakes and no steering? Safe.

Remember you'll have no braking servo though. Prob not the best idea. Although I turned mine off in a empty car park. Can't remember if the steering locks too... Let's not try this out eh? I've always thought, what if the front seat passenger presses the stop button at high speed? No brakes and no steering? Safe.

you will loose servo brakes but not straight away there is a reserve in the booster and not only that but if its still in gear the engine will act as a brake

it was like the run-away toyotas - a real load of tosh and the yanks trying for compo claims from the maker - all it was the floor matt had ridden up and got trapped but how the made it sound it was like a run-away train ffs!!!

In this situation I'd have put it in a low gear and sacrificed the engine or run it against the central barrier to slow it down, must have been bloody scary doing this for 125 miles!