kw v1

I'm getting a quote from Fred @ BTM Performance to fit mine - he's a KW dealer

I'll let you know what he says.

Russ.

I'm getting a quote from Fred @ BTM Performance to fit mine - he's a KW dealer

I'll let you know what he says.

Russ.

cool that would be good to know.. i still havnt decided what to spend my money on yet. doing as much research as I can before i fork out any substantial amount of money

Im having abit of a dilema, are the kw1's or kw3's actually going to be a worth while contribution to the cars handling?, because after a doing a fair bit of track mileage last year i couldnt fault the standard cup setup on r888s, but naturally i want to try and improve it.

my thoughts exactly. I dont know how uprated the shocks are on the kw setup. They cant tell me either. It will be an upgrade though. Height adjustability will help if you corner weight it and get the front rear distribution right. Slam it to the floor and no it wont help. The suspension on the 197 is very good but its still a compromise and can be improved if you go for a track only sort of setup. I am sourcing some oe cup chassis springs and am going to get them tested to find what rates they are then decide myself what increase in stiffness i want. Ast are then going to make a full coilover (front and rear not just spring and damper on the back like the kw stuff) kit for me using eibach race springs. Hopefully will have it within a month or so.

my thoughts exactly. I dont know how uprated the shocks are on the kw setup. They cant tell me either. It will be an upgrade though. Height adjustability will help if you corner weight it and get the front rear distribution right. Slam it to the floor and no it wont help. The suspension on the 197 is very good but its still a compromise and can be improved if you go for a track only sort of setup. I am sourcing some oe cup chassis springs and am going to get them tested to find what rates they are then decide myself what increase in stiffness i want. Ast are then going to make a full coilover (front and rear not just spring and damper on the back like the kw stuff) kit for me using eibach race springs. Hopefully will have it within a month or so.

Sounds good, ast are just up the road from me an my mate knows the chap there an says he can sort be out some good rates on a setup, but waiting for more info atm

Last edited:
yeah, their prices arent too bad. more than Kw v3's but then you get full rear units, and someone who can actually tell you the rates on the shocks!!

mine will look like these, but without remote reservoirs for now:

clio_shocks.jpg

Those look immense mate! Thats a whole other level compared with the V3s. Are you going to be able to retro fit reservoirs as it would be good to have!

yeah, remote res's can be retrofitted later, but that kit is £3k, so retro fitting would still be about 1500 quid!

Benefit with AST, and Kamracing who i will buy them through, is they will build them to spec.

i know what the clio cup springs rates are, i will soon know the FF and cup chassis 197 rates. then its a case of working out the best spec for my AST's. Having them built, and then swapping the springs for Eibach race springs.

To be fair I am sure the kw stuff is good and I have heard some issues with the ast stuff but the fact I get some involvement in spec and the fact it will include fully adj rear unit not a spring perch should make it a great setup. Want solid top mounts too now LOL

To be fair I am sure the kw stuff is good and I have heard some issues with the ast stuff but the fact I get some involvement in spec and the fact it will include fully adj rear unit not a spring perch should make it a great setup. Want solid top mounts too now LOL

yeh no doubts of the quality its just whether or not its going to be much of a performance increase over standard, whereas with the ast's having rear coilovers an the ability to change camber ect is going to be a huge improvement.

lol its never ending

Does anyone have a link for solid top mounts???

Cant find them on the kam racing site :s

If anyone can help PM please, thanks.

I love these, i think i might have to get some later in the year.. The Clio definitely sits way too high for the kind of car it is.

kam racing site is being updated at the moment.

Spoke to kw today and they told me the rating of their springs. Suprisingly soft! Once i know the rate of the standard spring i will post up all the results. If anyone has a spare 197 front spring please please please send it to me. I will return it.

Does anyone have a link for solid top mounts???

Cant find them on the kam racing site :s

If anyone can help PM please, thanks.

they were on the old site Ben, probably best to phone teem. they were £300

kam racing site is being updated at the moment.

Spoke to kw today and they told me the rating of their springs. Suprisingly soft! Once i know the rate of the standard spring i will post up all the results. If anyone has a spare 197 front spring please please please send it to me. I will return it.

I have a standard 197 (non cup) full set of springs from my old FF 197, any use ?

Very useful mate! Faulkner can test them and do us a graph of the rates. Information is out there for how updated cup is over non cup. Fancy posting them to me? :smile: