KTR cat-back system + re-map

Hi Guys,

Firstly i know theres a massive thread on exhaust, but this is a slightly different question.

Just a quick one. Im looking to get a KTR cat-back system fitted, am I best to get it re-mapped as well? Or would it be ok with just the exhaust?

Ive read/heard various opinions that when getting an exhaust your best to re-map as well. And I was just wondering what others with the KTR cat-back system have done?

Thanks

you should be fine mate just fitting a cat back exhaust,no remap required,you'd only really need a remap if you remove the either of the cats or the centre silencer as doing that can cause a flat spot

if you can afford a remap though mate i'd go for it,you won't see that much more peak power but the driveability of the car is improved

Ah brill, thanks for that mate. Ive already had my standard centre silencer removed, and the flat spot is noticeable lol.

I would love to get it mapped at the same time, but just a bit conscious of warranty as its not even a year old yet.

I fitted the KTR Pro cat back system a month or so ago. Also fitted an ITG panel filter. The flat spot is no worse, but equally no better. You don't need a re-map, but as stated it would generally help the car from a drivability point of view, regardless of making any modifications. I plan to get a re-map at some stage, like you I'm still in warranty, so a little reluctant as I have 13 months remaining.

The cat back system is excellent, how the car should sound, not too loud though. KTR service was great, next day delivery. Don't forget your 5% discount!

Simon.

I fitted the KTR Pro cat back system a month or so ago. Also fitted an ITG panel filter. The flat spot is no worse, but equally no better. You don't need a re-map, but as stated it would generally help the car from a drivability point of view, regardless of making any modifications. I plan to get a re-map at some stage, like you I'm still in warranty, so a little reluctant as I have 13 months remaining.

The cat back system is excellent, how the car should sound, not too loud though. KTR service was great, next day delivery. Don't forget your 5% discount!

Simon.

Thanks for the advise, I will be considering it for sure! Just got to renew the car insurance at the end of the month first and see where I am with funds :smile: