KTEC's KTR Manifold Pre Cat Delete Pipe

Both thats the main cat the other one is just a precat .. that does the big ''work'' plus it will need mapping because i warn you it will be the biggest flat spot ever known to man lol.

Both thats the main cat the other one is just a precat .. that does the big ''work'' plus it will need mapping because i warn you it will be the biggest flat spot ever known to man lol.

yeah it does say in the description that map will be needed

I fitted a similar thing for Ben, he said the flat spot appeared with a vengeance but to me that just shows how much of a restiction it's taking out and needing lots more fuel. wouldn't be too hard to put a sports cat in after the pre cat delete pipe so it would pass MOT ok.

I fitted a similar thing for Ben, he said the flat spot appeared with a vengeance but to me that just shows how much of a restiction it's taking out and needing lots more fuel. wouldn't be too hard to put a sports cat in after the pre cat delete pipe so it would pass MOT ok.

So your saying my MPG would decrease on fitting one of these?

Deffo but from old threads off here and cs small gains ..nothing in it , First cat is just about right nice sound rest would be just stupidly loud ,

dans idea of a sports cat would be good though if you really wanted that extra bit,

As said Danny fitted mine, I've got rid of both cats.

Flatspot is unbearable, even present when driving around town, emission light is on, mpg dropped by 4 on average but god does it sound good!

Ecu is not sophisticated enough to handle two decats and remove flatspot, so every mapper I asked has told me.

I have them both removed & had A remap by PaulRS - no flat spot. He did an amazing job the first time (before my engine blew up :smiley:).

So, if the guys @ KTR know their job (and there's no reason for me to doubt it after seeing the dyno figures from members cars) - there should be virtually no flat spot.

IMAG0121.jpg

Last edited:
mat never managed it at tdf when i had just de cat with the pre cat in place there was still a flat spot. put cat back on now.

mat never managed it at tdf when i had just de cat with the pre cat in place there was still a flat spot. put cat back on now.

Like Paul said - it can be mapped out.

I've removed both cats and after his remap had absolutely no issues with the flat spot. :thumbup:

So this pre-cat is more restrictive then the actual cat? What about running this pre-cat delete with the standard cat? An is there much of a gain to be had from this? I've decatted all my motors so far an it certainly frees them up.

So this pre-cat is more restrictive then the actual cat? What about running this pre-cat delete with the standard cat? An is there much of a gain to be had from this? I've decatted all my motors so far an it certainly frees them up.

no not at all restrictive, it just changes the engines requirments for fuel and spark. Quite normal issues. Any decent modifications need mapping to release their potential