KTEC panel filter

HarryJT97

Paid Member
Okay so this might sound stupid but I bought a KTR panel filter this week and it literally doesn't fit in my air box? It doesn't sit flush so basically won't do anything if I were to drive the car like it?
Is my air box missing a bracket or something, because the bloke who owned it before me was a massive bodger and I'm still not really sure what's missing on the car. Cheers

There was a KTEC air filter in my car when I bought it, TBH I thought it looked a crap fit and the quality was poor. I threw it in the bin and bought an ITG.

It just looks like the air intake is too small for the filter? It fits inside the housing but it doesn't sit flush and therefore just falls straight off and into the box itself instead of covering the air intake? I don't really know what else to do with it I'll get some pictures tomorrow at work

Has anyone got a photo of the inside of their Airbox under the cover? Because there must be something missing in there because the filter just simply will not fit. It seems as if the previous owners has made together a cage of some sort to hold the Air filter against the box (with the worlds shoddiest welding) I swear I must be missing a bracket or something or it's the wrong Airbox for the car? Thanks

Your airbox doesn't sound like the standard one. If it's been modified it's possible the OE fit panel filters won't fit.

What filter is currently fitted? Can you get a picture of the airbox and current filter?

I'm fairly sure it is the OEM Airbox, it's the one that comes up on eBay when I search for them. It's missing an Airbox cover and has tht weird cage thing in it. I'll get some pictures tomorrow. :worried:

The standard airbox doesn't normally have a cage in it, but get some pictures and we can go from there. Did it have an air filter in it when you bought it or is it just an empty airbox?

Yeah it had a piper cross panel filter in it before hand, held in with the bodged cage thing (Only way I can describe it) but it was filthy, so I ordered a new KTR one and I always thought that something was wrong with the Airbox but now the new panel confirms it as it is never gonna fit the Airbox or the bodged cage

There is an ever so slight difference in size, maybe 5mm at most nothing major. The cage thing is just unfortunately obviously shaped to fit the piper cross panel only

Hmm ok. The standard air box doesn't have a wire cage so I suspect if you can remove the cage the KTR filter should fit, as long as the air box hasn't been butchered. Get some pictures up and we'll be able to say for sure what you need to do to sort it out.

The cage is easy enough to remove but the filter still doesn't fit, so I'm turning toward the side that the Airbox has probably been butchered. No obvious marks of cutting though, and it begs the question, why?

Huh.. well that seems to have solved it! I'm missing the box out of the Airbox I don't have it in there

Glad you've worked it out. You should be able to pick up a second hand air box quite cheap, or maybe see if you can get the tray on its own from Renault. I'll have a look on mine for a part number this morning for you.

Just had a look at the filter tray and there isn't a part number on it. Could speak to Renault but I suspect it will only come with the complete air box and cost quite a lot. Best bet would be check out the for sale section here, I think I saw an airbox for sale the other day. Failing that there should be something on eBay.

So just so you know what I was on about previously, this is the bodged cage that I have now removed from the car and added the correct tray and cover for and my KTR filter fits perfectly. Plus the rancid old pipercross filter that was previously in place

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 38