Knocking sound?!

:thumbdown:

not a nice sound, thought it could of possibly been the zaust system, but it isnt, seems to be coming from the rear suspension?! any ideas?

its weird, but when I 'blip' the accelerator, its as if the front dampers are loose? as it creates a knock, going to have a further look tomorrow, hopefully nothing too serious?!

might be the top engine mount, mine knocked when I accelerated and then again when I took my foot of the accelerator... I know there is a way of not buying a new one but just taking it apart, lubricating and put back together, dont know the details but thats what my dealer told me they did and it stopped knocking, two years after that its still ok, new one is over 150 pounds, they charged me 30 for labour

cheers for the update skny, havent had chance to look at it today tbh, going to be over next few weeks, just hoping its nothing too serious!

just hope its not the front hubs.... I just spent 550 to get both of them done, but the knocks were heard only when going over bumps, so lifting your throttle off knock would most probably be the top engine mount, not expensive to fix, you dont need a new one unless its really torn apart

Mine has also started doing this, I thought it might have been something to do with the back brakes too as its not coming from the front. Look forward to an update kd187

jack the front wheels up and give them a pull at 12 and 6 and 3 and 9 o clock and see whats moving. if it is the ball joints you can see them a mile off