knocking noise

hey guys, was driving around today, and as i took my car off the revs there was a knocking noise, sounded like it was coming from the back of the car? its only when i come off the revs though

any help with this please.

Boot catch, fairly common. There's a guide on here somewhere explaining how to fix it. :smile:

I've got the same, highly doubt it's the boot catch myself as it very much sounds like its coming from under the car. It's still in warranty so took it back and havin the shock bushes replaced tommorow so hopefully fingers crossed

Well had the shocks and bushes replaced and its still no better, tried the boot lock thing aswell and its deffo not that. I think it's the exhaust myself so gonna get garage to look at it :worried:

what did you try with the boot, because even thou the boot seems tightly shut, there is still movement in it

Wrapped electrical tape round the lock and the catch.

I'm 100% it's coming from underneath because I can feel it knocking aswell

Well it's being picked up Thursday morning to go back in garage. Hopefully they'll find what's causing it having it longer this time

Doesn't sound like that :/

It's a definite one knock/clunk as I let off the throttle to change gear. Engine braking too when I've just changed down

Yeah I did think it could be mounts but sounds like its coming from rear. It's going in anyway so they're going to check it all over.

Yeah I did think it could be mounts but sounds like its coming from rear. It's going in anyway so they're going to check it all over.

The front stabilising bar is renowned for play and will knock on throttle lift off if that badly warn.

Cheers rogue :smile:

Gonna make a list of all the suggestions of what it could be, might help the garage pinpoint it faster then :smile:

Well I've been told that an anti-roll bar link has been replaced and and engine mount rubber has totally split and is probably the cause of this knocking. It's being replaced tommorow so fingers crossed

I would go for the Engine Mount theory, due to the high movement of the Engine itself when they are knackered it can even lead to the exhaust system moving to much so that in the end the knock comes from the back...
sounds weird, but its like that :tongueout:

So had the top engine mount replaced today, would have been earlier but work and snow got in the way :|

Had a little drive and seems to have cured it :smile:

Going to the malton meet tommorow so will deffo know after that haha