Knocking noise

I put in kw coilovers v1 before Christmas, but this might not be down to them! But I get a very loud knocking noise when I drive forwards and backwards, it only happens the very odd time over ramps! Does anyone have an idea what this might be??

Subframe and engine mounts would be the first things I'd check.

Does it happen when coming off the throttle too?

I pretty sure its the top nut of the front shocks, it doesnt tighten up very well to the rubber mount. I think the way round it is to fit a big think washer.

Yea that's prob when it's at the worst when you put the throttle on then let off! A loud 'clunk' noise comes from the front more so front right

if not top mounts, check lower arm link, there currently a thread about it.

Yea that's prob when it's at the worst when you put the throttle on then let off! A loud 'clunk' noise comes from the front more so front right

That will be your top engine mount. If you look into the engine bay from the front of the car it's on the left side. You will find you can push it back and forth towards the engine. Had this changed on my 200 (under warranty) feels like a new motor now.

to say its started after fitting coilovers i would looke at the top mounts and fit big thick washers and its the cheapest fix.

Is there a how-to for this washer fix? I know there's one for the clio2 available on ebay. Is it the same washer and procedure?

i just got some big thick washers from work. undo the centre nut (top of the shock) fit washer and refit nut.