keycard prices?

as I only have 1 keycard I really want to get a second sorted for it.

anyone know the price for the keycard and then to have it programmed?

not sure where to put this either so sorry if it's in the wrong area.

hmm I've just spotted a blank keycard/key for sale on another site.
it's a megane but will work with Clio and laguna (identical but instead of saying Clio it says megane) worth a punt as it's cheap?

i think itll be alright in here mate. the other other place i can put it is in technical section?

yeah it is a blank key. He said it hasn't been programmed to a car and the key needs cutting as its never been cut. I've got a limit to what I'll offer for it as my limit is an amount I can write off to experience if it doesn't work, if its more then that I leave it.

Woody wherever you think its best :smile:

I think it might work out better and possibly cheaper to buy the key card and have it programmed from the same dealer. Plus I wouldn't want Megane on my card either tbh. It would annoy me adn doesn't look good when you come to sell it. You could ask the dealer you bought it from to try and get a discount for selling you a car with only one card?

hmm well I'll go get one priced up at a few renault dealers as I know it can differ sometimes. anyone know what kind of service I'm to expect from the sevenoaks one as that is closest locally to me.

it would annoy me but it'll be the other halfs key and I kinda wanna try it as an expirement to see if it works now :lol:
it's not even down to money. it's just with the cheap blank I can get the spare done this side of may. going dealer it won't be till next month I can do it. mainly due to me having done close to 4k on the cars in 2 months.

Last edited:
Megane card will not work.

Genuine cards are ordered from Renault. Renault then set that card to be used for your car only. You receive it 5-10 days later and the dealer only has so long that they are able to programme that card to your car before the slot Renault allocate is closed and it becomes difficult to programme the new card to your car

Plus the blades are cut specifically to your car so how someone's ended up with a blank card is a bit odd too

Megane card will not work.

Genuine cards are ordered from Renault. Renault then set that card to be used for your car only. You receive it 5-10 days later and the dealer only has so long that they are able to programme that card to your car before the slot Renault allocate is closed and it becomes difficult to programme the new card to your car

cheers for that. learning about how this system works is great.
roll on payday then ;/

Similar Thread Suggestions