Key fob not working

mattb03

Paid Member
Hi

My Key fob has decided to stop working, got the front up on stands this morning to change my pads, went to leave the car and tried to lock it (force of habbit) and nothing happened lock or unlock, car still starts ok.
checked the battery and still fine.

any ideas suggestions would be great.

Cheers

Matt

If keycard change the battery I think it should be CR2025 Tesco big shop should keep them, if the bonnet or boot was open the car should not lock but you might hear it try.

Forget all that I see from your roll cage post your car is a cup then you have a key not a card you have got to tell us all the info so you get a good answer not more questions. The key remove the metal keyring the key should slide apart but I think the battery is CR2016 might be harder to check your key before running all over the place.

If keycard change the battery I think it should be CR2025 Tesco big shop should keep them, if the bonnet or boot was open the car should not lock but you might hear it try.

Forget all that I see from your roll cage post your car is a cup then you have a key not a card you have got to tell us all the info so you get a good answer not more questions. The key remove the metal keyring the key should slide apart but I think the battery is CR2016 might be harder to check your key before running all over the place.
Cheers mate, sorry forgot to add it was a cup. battery appears to be fine, measures over 3V

bit of progress, the fob does work but need to be right next to the drivers door, changed the battery just in case and the same result. does anyone know where the receiver is located?

OK you have a multimeter then with care check the function of the button expose the circuit board and check the push button function or does the red light come on when you push the button. If your central locking button is working then the locks are OK. If you have just washed the car or jacked the car up after washing you might have a water problem I think the UCH controls all the key entry functions take the car to another street just in case if you are in a built up area someone is not jamming the key signal, paranoid I know but worth a check.

OK you have a multimeter then with care check the function of the button expose the circuit board and check the push button function or does the red light come on when you push the button. If your central locking button is working then the locks are OK. If you have just washed the car or jacked the car up after washing you might have a water problem I think the UCH controls all the key entry functions take the car to another street just in case if you are in a built up area someone is not jamming the key signal, paranoid I know but worth a check.
Cheers, I'll give this ago in the morning