Key card

Paddy_R

Platinum Member
Didn't quite know where to put this so feel free to move if necessary.

Anybody know the price of a new key card from Renault? Mine has developed a fault of some description. Now the card works if you press the buttons but the keyless features won't work. I've changed the battery but it's still the same. I've subsequently found that if I physically bend the card the keyless features do work (well it will let me open/lock the doors and start the engine once then I need to bend it again) and my second keycard works without an issue but it's used by someone else.

Sounds like a solder joint that has gone dry and no longer making a connection.

I'd try find a local circuit board repairer, when my dishwasher one went I found one via eBay who charged me £45 of which £40 was returnable should he not be able to fix it.

Smeg wanted £249 for a new board! Took 3 days inc delivery out and back and still works several years on.

There's a how to on the Renault forum, so if your handy with a soldering iron it's pretty easy :smile: I'd imagine it's the induction coil that's got a dodgy connection, jut search google for Renault keycard repair

Will give [MENTION=3002]-Eddie-[/MENTION] a shout to see if he can sort me out given that price. Might have a look inside the keycard too.

We don't do repairs etc on key cards, if it's an internal fault then we recommend replacement. I will check online tomorrow Paddy, as there may be a contribution from renault given your car is just outside of warranty.

We don't do repairs etc on key cards, if it's an internal fault then we recommend replacement. I will check online tomorrow Paddy, as there may be a contribution from renault given your car is just outside of warranty.

Technically still in warranty, well the extended one Renault sell on their website anyway. I'll try to swing in but working silly hours at the moment.

We do the cards at £180 for one, £230 for a pair.

You nearly make that sound like a bargain :smiley: To me if they can do an additional key for £50 they can do one key for that price. I nearly always use my local dealer as I get great service from them and they always look after me.

I'd be surprised if the actual keycard cost Renault more than £1 so the rest is labour in coding it really which I doubt would take more than half an hour.

Last edited:
Don't know yet. Been flat out at work so haven't had a chance to call in yet.

I found out today, it's £96 plus VAT. Plus coding on top of that. Although I need to speak to you tomorrow Paddy as there is a contribution from Renault given the fact your car is just out of warranty.

You nearly make that sound like a bargain :smiley: To me if they can do an additional key for £50 they can do one key for that price. I nearly always use my local dealer as I get great service from them and they always look after me.

I'd be surprised if the actual keycard cost Renault more than £1 so the rest is labour in coding it really which I doubt would take more than half an hour.
To be fair they cost about £96 quid plus VAT which leaves as you say around half an hour for coding :smile:

I found out today, it's £96 plus VAT. Plus coding on top of that. Although I need to speak to you tomorrow Paddy as there is a contribution from Renault given the fact your car is just out of warranty.

I'll try to give you a shout later [MENTION=3002]-Eddie-[/MENTION] . Might be Thursday before I get a chance though.

Similar Thread Suggestions