Key card issue

Today i went to jump in my car however the keyless entry didn't work, same with the button on the card. Iv had this before so i changed the battery, still nothing.

spare key card. Still nothing.

the only way i could get in/start was using the blade key and inserting the card. I get card not detected when trying to start with it in my pocket.

A quick search tells me their may be two batteries which work the vehicle, as i never drive with the card inserted, is this the reason why its died on me?

thanks.

Never put the card in slot in 7 year and only changed the battery twice

the key card slot, does not and never will charge your battery. the thin round battery in the keycard is non rechargeable. so go to halfords or somewhere and replace the battery and job done.

It's worth noting that if your keycard is next to your mobile in your pocket it may not work either.

I know the battery (2025) is non rechargeable however a few threads say theres two batteries.

anyway iv changed the battery and still nothing??

the key card slot, does not and never will charge your battery. the thin round battery in the keycard is non rechargeable. so go to halfords or somewhere and replace the battery and job done.

There are 2 batteries inside the card mate, there's the obvious big one that you can remove and one that's on the board inside.

i think it is the aerial, as i found a repair site pic highlighting that particular part saying if you get this blah blah blah on your dash its possible that the solders gone on this.

but i do think that once upon a time there was a renault key card that did have a second battery as i found a picture of the inards of one which showed a second battery, some maybe when the renault tecnicians are assuming they do.

I've got two brand new keys! - and my car still decides when it wants my keyless entry to work and when it doesn't... So now I'm thinking there is an issue with the car..

Similar Thread Suggestions