K-TEC Decat system DB reading???

Hi all, doing a track day this summer I have a ktec system including decat, will I have any issues with the 102 DB limit at silverstone? My car is loud but I have no idea what 102 means... Any help?

Noise limits will be applied in accordance with our circuit regulations as follows:

• National Circuit – 105dB on a static test and 102dB on a drive-by test.

• Grand Prix Circuit – will be in compliance with MSA championship regulations relevant to the vehicle being tested, maximum limit 108dB static test and 105dB on a drive by test, if in doubt please call.

Please see Section (J) Common Regulations for Competitors : Vehicles - Appendix 1 Chart 5.18: Maximum Noise Limits

Drive by limits will be 3dB less than those levels stipulated in the ‘Blue Book’ Offending vehicles will not be allowed to continue testing.

Should your vehicle fail the static or the drive by noise test and you are excluded from further participation, you will not receive a refund.

If you believe that your vehicle may exceed the above limits then please request a noise test prior to going out on circuit. For the avoidance of doubt measurements are taken at 0.5m at a 45 degree angle with engine running at ¾ maximum revs. There are 3 noise meters located around the circuit which will measure your drive-by noise limit. No racing engines may be run before 08:30hrs or after 20:00hrs.

Do you know how loud a clio runs at 4500RPM? I understand the rules just not sure how loud mine is, I had a friend with a civic that was kicked off last year so didn't want to waste my money lol

105db is very very loud. Think commercial jet on idle.

You probably won't have a problem, but just to be sure there's a dB meter app you can get. It won't be entirely accurate, but it will give you a good idea.

I'm doing a few croft 89db days this year so don't know if anything other than a standard system would pass?

I'm toying with the idea of a cat back for weight saving more than anything but if is resonated it doesn't seem a worthwhile saving really.