K-tec 197 Exhaust.

JP Exhausts System. :smile:

Just take any cat-back system and add £50-70 for a decat pipe, job done. :wink:

The standard Cat isn't that restrictive anyway really. Is there a particular reason why you want to lose it?

I have the older ''single box'' version of the K-Tec which has one rear silencer instead of the two that the newer system now has. I believe this model one was made by Magnex however I don't know who make the new ones for them. The quality on this one is very good, had no fitment issues and never had any problems since fitting. It sounds lovely and certainly smoothed out the power through the range whilst reducing the flatspot I had after chopping the centre silencer from the standard system... It's not as raspy as that, but it is a bit louder. I'm happy with it although I will probably be making my own setup towards the end of the year.

Keep your eyes open for a second-hand one and save yourself a couple of hundred quid.

I just want it sounding the best it can. I've heard a video of the Oreca and it does sound ace but I don't like the thought of a single tail pipe :/

I don't think it'd be that noticable really unless you were right close to the car. :smile:

Like already mentioned, just removing the centre silencer from the standard system makes a big difference to the noise and it's fully reversible should you not like it. Plus at around £50-75 it's not going to break the bank. If you're not too fussed with making any gains in terms of power and more noise is your priority then I'd say to try that first.

JP Exhausts System. :smile:

Just take any cat-back system and add £50-70 for a decat pipe, job done. :wink:

The standard Cat isn't that restrictive anyway really. Is there a particular reason why you want to lose it?

I have the older ''single box'' version of the K-Tec which has one rear silencer instead of the two that the newer system now has. I believe this model one was made by Magnex however I don't know who make the new ones for them. The quality on this one is very good, had no fitment issues and never had any problems since fitting. It sounds lovely and certainly smoothed out the power through the range whilst reducing the flatspot I had after chopping the centre silencer from the standard system... It's not as raspy as that, but it is a bit louder. I'm happy with it although I will probably be making my own setup towards the end of the year.

Keep your eyes open for a second-hand one and save yourself a couple of hundred quid.
Willis is yours a yozza ?

Willis is yours a yozza ?

No mate, it's the original style of K-Tec. So it has a centre silencer the same as the newer ''two rear box'' model but it has only one rear silencer similar in size to the Yozza... It's a bit of a hybrid and from what I can gather is based around the Group N system made by Bastuck (also what the Yozza appears to have been based on). But where as the the Yozza and Bastuck have no centre silencer, the original K-Tec one does so it's not quite as raspy and sounds like this...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDGxnSNFXOs[/YOUTUBE]

So I'd need a decat to replace the centre silencer?

Sorry for being such a Nooob

No you have cat centre silencer then back box Mate

Scott, like Hippy has said after your Manifold you have your Secondary Cat and then the next box along (front to rear) is your centre silencer. Removing JUST this from the standard system will give you a similar sound to this...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X065zVA55Fw&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]

Argh I don't know what to do.

I'm really undecided against the K-Tec now. I want something with a good bit of rasp, pops and bangs :worried:

Argh I don't know what to do.

I'm really undecided against the K-Tec now. I want something with a good bit of rasp, pops and bangs :worried:

Try removing the centre silencer then, it does everything you want! Worst case scenario you have to put it back on.

No mate, it's the original style of K-Tec. So it has a centre silencer the same as the newer ''two rear box'' model but it has only one rear silencer similar in size to the Yozza... It's a bit of a hybrid and from what I can gather is based around the Group N system made by Bastuck (also what the Yozza appears to have been based on). But where as the the Yozza and Bastuck have no centre silencer, the original K-Tec one does so it's not quite as raspy and sounds like this...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDGxnSNFXOs[/YOUTUBE]

Scott, like Hippy has said after your Manifold you have your Secondary Cat and then the next box along (front to rear) is your centre silencer. Removing JUST this from the standard system will give you a similar sound to this...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X065zVA55Fw&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]

that second video is either really poor quality or it sounds like a wasp stuck in a coke can. not nice at all

I think it's the sound quality. Considering the video quality, it isn't likely to be that representative of the real sound :tongueout:.

Yeah it's not the greatest recording, something died between the phone and the laptop hahaha!

I want an exhaust system, not just removing the silencer.

I'm just undecided on what system to get as I can't find any real comparison threads on here. The K-Tec seems the common choice but I want something a bit more sporty than that.

The oreca sounds epic but I'm not a fan of the single tail pipe :worried:

Not sure if Litchy made a recording of his supersprint with/without the centre silencer, he found that quite 'sporty' without

Ok.

I think I've found what I want. Supersprint!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSqKaDNwsBo[/YOUTUBE]

remove the precat for proper pops and bangs,its the only way to make it happen all the time,i ran a ktec cat back and decat for 8 months and it popped and cracked from time to time,sounded really nice (deep sound),i've now removed the precat as well and it bangs loud every gear change when your giving it some but it is a little more raspy from inside in my opinion,when cold the bangs are mental