Just had K-Tec manifold and remap done.

No the car was fine. I had the new manifold fitted and remapped and now have problems. When I collected the car from them I started it and it was fine. Noticed it this morning when I was getting ready for work and again when I got in it to leave work.

No the car was fine. I had the new manifold fitted and remapped and now have problems. When I collected the car from them I started it and it was fine. Noticed it this morning when I was getting ready for work and again when I got in it to leave work.

Sounds like a problem has just coincidently started.

If there was something wrong from the shop, then you'd have noticed it as soon as you jumped in the car. Sounds like the manifold has come loose somewhere making the car idle irratically. Get it checked out :smile:

Car is going back to K-Tec tomorrow. I seem to have more problems than when I started. Don't really want to get into an arguement with them just want to work together to my car back to normal. I been to K-Tec a few times and have needed to go back to get things checked over. In the past they have been good and sorted out my issues just a pain in the arse having to keep going back.

My car when touching the throttle slightly sticks at 2,000RPM when cold but soon goes after its warm... i thought this was normal?

More bloody trouble now. Car is ideling at around 2000rpm when cold. Have to ingauge it in 1st gear and rev a little to make it drop. Sometimes it takes a couple of goes. Would the manifold or remap cause this. Never ever happened before with the OEM manifold

My car also revs at 2k rpm when cold, I have to force the revs down by slightly releasing the clutch when in gear and stopped. Mine is also re mapped but at RS tuning if that helps.

What exhaust are you running? How is the noise after fitting the manifold?

Car sorted now. It was the bolt on the UJ in the foot-well.
Currently has the following:
Miltek cat back (previous owner)
K-Tec manifold
ITG induction

It is quiet a bit louder in the cabin. Don't know if I'm getting use to it now or if it's quieting down, not too sure.

Mine occasionally revs to 2k when cold. Doesn't seem to be a pattern to it.....

I dont THINK it did it before my first remap. I did mention on the 2nd remap - but car was never going to be cold long enough to look into it.

Hasn't done it for a while thinking about it ? Seems i'm not alone though.

I'll mention it when I get the 2nd remap. Looking at cams to see if I can unlock a bit more. Don't really want to go crazy as I can feel a meg conversion on the cards at some stage.

Hey guys. Thought I'd give an update. The exhaust has quietened down now it's had a few miles on it. The idle problem is still there but doesn't happen as frequently as it did when I first got the car back.

Hey guys. Thought I'd give an update. The exhaust has quietened down now it's had a few miles on it. The idle problem is still there but doesn't happen as frequently as it did when I first got the car back.

Mine did it quite a few times initially after my second remap = but now hasn't done it for ages. Weeks and weeks infact.

**Talked that up now. Guess who's car will be revving like a nutter in the morning now !