Just had K-Tec manifold and remap done.

Hey guys, just thought I would share this. My flexi joints had seen better days so thought I would get it sorted why I was away in Cyprus. Had their manifold fitted and remap with before and after. Had a little issue with them mentioned that the timing is slightly out and might of had something done to the car by the previous owner. Heres the print out they gave me.

3A33CB48-CAA0-44FE-A0F3-4FBAA164CF94.jpg

4E9C2D13-660F-4877-8C95-BCEF3912F7AE.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything inside the 2 x
IMG tags is all you need - anything else can be deleted once you've copied and pasted from Photobucket.

Last edited:
They mentioned that on the before graph there was an issue with fuelling. I have noticed the most around 4000+. Feels a lot more urgent. They said I might get a tiny bit more of the timing was 100 spot on.

Does it run better?
I haven't driven it loads to be honest. My flight was early so didn't get home till 3 and was pissing around at home then went to collect the car and crashed out. I have a strange sound coming from the car now. Sounds a bit like something is loose and needs tightening up. Hard to explain. I didn't notice it until I got pretty much back home. Gave them a call and mentioned it so back there on Saturday morning for a little investigating

Hard to say to be honest. Sounds like a few things that weren't there when I dropped the car off. When rocking the steering wheel from left to right sounds like something is knocking or touching. I'll make a video tomorrow and upload one. The the second issue is some sort of knock or bang when tuning a corner over uneven ground at speed. Not sure how the manifold is fitted but don't you have to drop the subframe? Might not of gone back together 100% but I really don't know.

More bloody trouble now. Car is ideling at around 2000rpm when cold. Have to ingauge it in 1st gear and rev a little to make it drop. Sometimes it takes a couple of goes. Would the manifold or remap cause this. Never ever happened before with the OEM manifold