Jp cage and harness

Hi guys, I’m after fitting a Jp half cage into my clio 200 cup.
I think I want the one that means you can leave the headliner, and rear plastics in etc so it looks a bit neater. Anyone fitted one? Are the ok ish to go in?
Also want a drivers side harness , can anyone clarify where the harness mounts to on the floor /cill?
thank you

@Big Ben i believe his is a JP cage with the interior retained

the mounts will utlilise the existing seat belt mount however you’ll need one fitting to the exhaust tunnel

I’ve got a JP half cage. Fitted easily enough with the front seats removed. All interior still intact. Get some Schroth harness eyelets and fix them to seat mount bolt and seatbelt bolt on cill side and clip lap harnesses to them.

Reactions: Beany and Sean197
Oh that’s great so I don’t need to drill and mount plates and eyelets to the floor/ amazing!
did you fit anything in the rear where therear seats were to tidy it up ?

Oh that’s great so I don’t need to drill and mount plates and eyelets to the floor/ amazing!
did you fit anything in the rear where therear seats were to tidy it up ?

Buy a long boot carpet so it covers where the rear seats went and extends in to the boot.

Luke 4 point harnesses with aero catch release. As said a bigger boot carpet for a rear seat delete. I believe Ktec sell them still

Just out of Interest, if I bought the 6 point harness you mentioned can you still just use it as a 4 point and use the 6 point occasionally or will it not work without the 6 point ?
where did you mount the crotch harness straps?

Just out of Interest, if I bought the 6 point harness you mentioned can you still just use it as a 4 point and use the 6 point occasionally or will it not work without the 6 point ?
where did you mount the crotch harness straps?
Not added the harness to the clio yet. However you can mount the 5/6th points beneath the seat to an eye bolt.
And you can’t sadly. As the claspe is attached to the bottom piece

I had a sparco 6 point harness years ago but needed a 4 point, I took the claspe apart and it was fairly easy to remove the bottom strap, but you will need to attach one of the lap straps in place of the bottom strap so that has a permanent mount. Otherwise every time you undo the harnesses you'll have the clasp come loose. iirc the rear plate is held on with small allen bolts and the bottom strap was held in place by a fixed pin that you can just slide it off of. Not sure if that will invalidate any warranty, although I'd imagine it would.

I’ve bought the JP bolt in cage because I can’t remove the interior according to my competition regs.
It will be going in during the next week or so.
as for harness, I run Sabelt six points and they’re superb.

Update. If you remove the front seats and drop the steering wheel off, it goes in through the drivers door pretty easy. Just the mounting holes to drill and it's job done.

i got the bolt in half cage, uses isofix rear seat points and drill through footwell in rear. pretty easy to fit, but quite tight if you want to use the OEM belts (only because it restricts movement of the upper height adjuster). with a bit of fiddling/pressure i managed to bolt it in such a way both OEM belts could still be adjusted up and down. i'd give it a 7.5/10, might consider a different brand (tyler) if i went full dash dodger in the future, but decent enough for now. with hindsight should have paid for the lighter steel.

pu40 sealant for watertightness + bitumen based underseal spray for protection. helps to have another person to lift it in.

as others highlighted, harness can be bolted to existing oem belt bar on door cil side, using a schroth b23a (available everywhere, bend it out accordingly); and i've gone for tunnel drilled eye bolt with strengthening plate in the underside of exhaust tunnel - again easy to find.