Buckets, harnesses, roll cage - what's safest?

I want to fit some buckets and harnesses for track use but want to make sure I get the safest set up possible. So what's best?

Should I have a roll cage with harness bar to mount harnesses? Have read that harnesses fitted to rear seat fixings at a downward angle can actually result in too much downward strain on the driver in the result of an accident.

Also is a half cage a decent option (e.g. KTR 3 point)? Don't fancy full cage as this will be used on road as well and want to retain some practicality.

I want the buckets and harnesses as the standard seats and recaros (sorry to fans) just don't seem to do the job well. But is there a risk in fitting just seats and harnesses without any roll protection?

Any (informed) advice much appreciated.

Well you already know my opinion on seats and harnesses...

Especially when buckled up the right way round!!

Theres a few guys starting to take on my recommendations on seats after having a sit down in mine and Stuies (although full credit to John on his advice on them, even though he has the baby version!)

Personally i wouldnt touch a half section bolt in job cage as i reckon they would be more likely to cause harm in other ways upon requirement for them.... especially if used as harness mount point

Well you already know my opinion on seats and harnesses...

Especially when buckled up the right way round!!

Theres a few guys starting to take on my recommendations on seats after having a sit down in mine and Stuies (although full credit to John on his advice on them, even though he has the baby version!)

Personally i wouldnt touch a half section bolt in job cage as i reckon they would be more likely to cause harm in other ways upon requirement for them.... especially if used as harness mount point

No comment. Fact I couldn't get out of them shall remain secret!

Sorry don't quite follow the thoughts on the half cage?

I want the seats and harnesses but want to do it practically and safely - if both of those are possible.

Half cage is bolted in, let it hopefully do its job of protecting you in the event of a roll

I wouldnt want to rely on it holding me in place at the same same time..., if its not a welded part of the chassis you will give the boltings 2 jobs to do if that makes sense