Japan 197&200 meet?

Find on Youtube.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNeypHiaFpo&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Orange R27 is lush!!!

Altho they do love putting rubbish music with it, why not just engine noise!!!

Last edited:
Have you guys noticed that ALL the 197's on that video are LHD, even though they drive like you guys?

Is pretty strange, having a RHD version of the car they sell LHD cars in Japan.

I was so confused then!

Thinking... they dont sell in Japan as per mikey197's comments..

But yes (as per Turu) the obviously import...

I might look at exporting some to them... i bet in RHD they are worth a mint!

Could be the opposite of us importing their stuff :smile:

They are all left hand drives because they are all imports, Renault dont sell cars in Japan.

The thing is that they could have imported the cars from the UK instead of any other country of europe, but maybe there's some restrictions regarding that.

It also is true that, in Japan, even if they drive in the other side of the road (or the same as you, or the "wrong" or the "right":-p) they have a lot of LHD cars imported from the USA and Europe, even having the same model in RHD. Weird, but true.

The meeting is called "French French meeting" in Japan.
Clio197 was not imported by Renault Japon, so the guys personally imported them from France , Italy etc.
Clio200 are imported by Renault Japon
In Japan you can drive both RHD and LHD vehicles but you must keep left on the road.

I might look at exporting some to them... i bet in RHD they are worth a mint!

I think you'd find they're worth LESS than LHD tbh! Some Japanese see driving a LHD car as a status symbol and are prepared to pay more for it :smiley:

I may be wrong but I think for some euro cars (BMW, Merc's) you can go to a regular dealer and specify which side you want the steering wheel (but will pay extra for LHD).

Some Japanese see driving a LHD car as a status symbol and are prepared to pay more for it :smiley:
I may be wrong but I think for some euro cars (BMW, Merc's) you can go to a regular dealer and specify which side you want the steering wheel (but will pay extra for LHD).

Yes, some Japanese people think LHD car as a status symbol ,because European and American imported cars had been so much more expensive than domestic ones until 15 or 20 years ago. The first reason was foreign exchage rate (1$=YEN360), and scond reason is shipping and distribution cost. Now both prices are getting similar. You are ture that you can choose RHD or LHD for some euro cars, but in most cases the prices are same.

Similar Thread Suggestions