ITG Maxogen: worth it's money

Hello,

I'm considering the ITG Maxogen, next to my Akrapovic Evo.

I'm not worried about losing 5 hp, as my car has been remapped, but I love the intake sound.

Is the maxogen the safest choice or are there any better/cheaper choices?

I want a loss a small as possible but a great sound.

Maxogen is the best bet on my mapped clio that did already have cams. i added it and gained 6 horse power at the wheel. on the same day i dyno'd it at a local dyno place that's well trusted :smile:

maxi's are good mate i just wish i'd back to backed test mine against the OEM airbox so i could give you more info,after alot of thought though i think the V6 airbox is probably the best tried and tested option available,if your wanting induction noise though i'd go for an open cone filter,awesome roar

I'd say they are worth it....just. Not worth the asking price new tbh but second hand a no brainer.
I removed the air intake pipe this weekend and it sounds even better and runs smoother too.

(Might be one for sale very soon.....:wink:)

I'd say they are worth it....just. Not worth the asking price new tbh but second hand a no brainer.
I removed the air intake pipe this weekend and it sounds even better and runs smoother too.

why you selling mate?

Keep meaning to remove the intake pipe, smoother sounds good!

Not sure that I'm totally understanding this.

You removed the pipe with the sound valve? It sounds better?

If you would sell it, please send me PM :smile:

Not sure that I'm totally understanding this.

You removed the pipe with the sound valve? It sounds better?

If you would sell it, please send me PM :smile:

Sound valve? Lost me there I'm afraid!

I just removed the shaped flexi pipe that comes as part of the kit and is pushed down the side of the battery/headlight and supposedly draws cold air into the filter housing.

It was discussed on another thread on here whether the pipe was actually benefitting the set-up or actually another restriction.
I think the car seems smoother at low revs without it and its marginally louder when the gas pedal is stamped on.

Sound valve? Lost me there I'm afraid!

I just removed the shaped flexi pipe that comes as part of the kit and is pushed down the side of the battery/headlight and supposedly draws cold air into the filter housing.

It was discussed on another thread on here whether the pipe was actually benefitting the set-up or actually another restriction.
I think the car seems smoother at low revs without it and its marginally louder when the gas pedal is stamped on.

The valve that opens up in the standard air intake @ 5500 rpm.