ITG Maxogen vs KTEC Intake kit vs BMC panel filter 200EDC

Gambit

Paid Member
Hi guys , long time lurker [emoji106]
Has anyone has previous experience with the ktec pod filter intake kit setup with a remap and what result did you get?

Thanks so a 5hp~ gain, presume would be similar to the ktec intake system.

I can't say that, until you actually test one back to back, you can't say. It may make less power, so many variables, filter type, intake design, all I can say is this is what we found with the ITG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't say that, until you actually test one back to back, you can't say. It may make less power, so many variables, filter type, intake design, all I can say is this is what we found with the ITG.

Surely the ktec intake with a remap would net greater gain than stock intake with BMC panel filter with remap?

Surely the ktec intake with a remap would net greater gain than stock intake with BMC panel filter with remap?

Who knows, an open filter with no airbox may make less power, until you test it we won't find out, I was very surprised at the outcome of the ITG, hence why I am keen to boast of its results, had I got a Ktec one and it did the same I would do the same, but we wait to see if it makes or looses power. A lot can be down to the air flow into the filter. I modified my ITG the other week, but soon removed it as the car felt flat.

7ed55a4ce6c62dd9793a9f7a70923159.jpg

e43b5fbdfbfcd4ed9174544ba8037233.jpg

Nothing changed apart from I welded a 100mm pipe on the side to draw air from the slam panel and blocked the original inlet pipe off, to see if drawing cold air from outside the engine bay would be better. Epic Fail

Back to this now

04759a3e048418837d878cf20a9bddcb.jpg

Who knows, an open filter with no airbox may make less power, until you test it we won't find out, I was very surprised at the outcome of the ITG, hence why I am keen to boast of its results, had I got a Ktec one and it did the same I would do the same, but we wait to see if it makes or looses power. A lot can be down to the air flow into the filter. I modified my ITG the other week, but soon removed it as the car felt flat.

7ed55a4ce6c62dd9793a9f7a70923159.jpg

e43b5fbdfbfcd4ed9174544ba8037233.jpg

Nothing changed apart from I welded a 100mm pipe on the side to draw air from the slam panel and blocked the original inlet pipe off, to see if drawing cold air from outside the engine bay would be better. Epic Fail

Back to this now

04759a3e048418837d878cf20a9bddcb.jpg

Well done for testing it

Reactions: Womble
If you have the money go and see Paul at RST in Leeds tell him your plans and usage and he'll look after you.Iam just running at std 220T just doing track days

Reactions: Womble
I really like the ITG, not only the sound it produces but also makes a difference performance wise. Didn't take long to install and very easy to maintain.

@Womble how far is the tube going down? Straight or going in front of the radiator? Going to install a FMIC this summer so need to look ahead for space.

The tubing is only down to the chassis leg as there is a device that stops it going down any further. You could run a feed to bring cold air into there, but I am going to do some temp measuring before I do anything, it might be ok. Front mount? I have gone to the Wagner side mount now, it works very well and is lag free.

Aye, I was wondering because I couldn't bring it totally down and hadn't found a way around it.
Yep, front mount. Going to get a custom install by a local guy who also did my exhaust. Well known here but has a long waiting list. Curious what he can make of it but I have confidence he will pull it off. If not, I'll probably get the Wagner as well.