It is me or many about??

I been driving around uk alot for work in mercedes. I don't see many 197 about for 3 year on the motorway or any roads. I see alot 172 or 182 or 225 & r26 about but not 197.

Did renault sell many 197 on the roads in the past?

Am I right?

Not many at all, unless you go to Cannock, where there's about 8 of them!

I rarely see another, especially R27's!

They didn't sell as well as the 172/182 but I see that as a really good thing as they are great cars and fairly rare too! It certainly turns heads more than a mini etc. I only ever see the same 3 or 4 and I have had the car just short of a year.

Definitely turns heads more than a lot of cars, I've noticed that.

I hardly ever see any on the roads, probably about 3 different ones in 6 months? Apart from when I went to the world series lol

Erm its true that there rarer than the rest, but up my way there are 3 R27's and 4 normal 197's where i stay and in the local city there are around 8 or 9?

There's a few 197's round my way but I don't think I've seen an R27. Which is good because then il have the only one when I get mine!

I think it's good that Renault didn't sell massive amounts of them, makes them more exclusive and, as has already been mentioned, head turning!

There are 4 197's around my area. One white one, one red and 2 albi's (one of which is mine). We are a rare breed it seems! I first decided to get a 197 when a Nimbus flew past me on the way to take my old clio to get a service - I knew there and then that I wanted one. I think I've seen one other one (apart from the ones in my area) on the road since then.

Quite nice feeling though that we have a fairly rare(ish) car.

They are as rare as rocking horse sh1t here. And thats just the way I like it. Keeps us an exclusive club :smile:

I've never seen another one.

I thought it was cos I hadn't really been looking out for them, but now I have one I still haven't seen any.

Had mine a few weeks now and only managed to drive it 3 times cos of snow etc (I have an old 4x4 too, so used that)... have thursday off work so will fill the tank & DRIVE! :scared:8)

hardly any round my area, dnt think ive seen any albi blues round here either which is good lol

I have only ever seen 1 in Liverpool! And on the roads i have only seen 3 in my life.. Apart from french car show of course :tongueout: Its quite sad really, i would like to see more around...

hardly any round my area, dnt think ive seen any albi blues round here either which is good lol

You may do soon Mojo, lol... Its Albi Blue, got most of the extras (no Recaros) & looks the same as the rest from the driver's seat... love it - fight it - or just quietly contented!

:001_unsure:

yeah I rarely see them, theres loads of 1*2's around but not all that many 197's. The only one iv seen around locally is a black 197. So that makes two black 197 in the same town :smile: