Is it just me? Fiesta vs Clio

no turbo lag in the one I had...

as for performance can only compare std vs std and non of this mountune as that's not out of the box comparison!

st pulls better at lower end up to mid range whereas the clio loses out lower down but once up the revs 3500+ it keeps on going were the (std) st is tailing off which actually makes the clio (197) feel faster!!!

handling wise the clio corners a lot flatter than the st as it rolls more - ultimately the rs chassis has it and the brakes are better as well

one area the st is way out in front is mpg :jase2: clio 31-33 st 36-45 :bumpit:

Both great cars. As others have said, pretty much comes down to what an individual wants out of a car.

As to which is best, fastest etc. Really comes down to under what conditions (IE. fast road, or track use etc.) and who is behind the wheel. One of my favourite moments, is seeing a Transit van (only slightly modified) lapping a Porsche 911 at the nurburgring and the look on the 911 drivers face.

In my case, I felt the new Fiesta st rode just a bit to harsh for the great (but at times rough) rural roads round here (SW Scotland) and at times felt a bit unsettled if you hit a mid corner bump at speed (lots of them round here). Decided in the end that it wasn't the car for me. Clio 200t meanwhile had just that extra bit of give in the suspension and felt much more settled. Just a shame no manual box... but the EDC did not stop me purchasing one. Very much looking forward to trying one of the new Trophy variants.

If I was going to own a fast ford it would have to be a focus, really don't like the interior in the new fiestas and the exterior on the ST isn't flamboyant enough for a range topping hot hatch. No doubt they would be a much more reliable car than the Clio though.

If I was going to own a fast ford it would have to be a focus, really don't like the interior in the new fiestas and the exterior on the ST isn't flamboyant enough for a range topping hot hatch. No doubt they would be a much more reliable car than the Clio though.

the st biggest issue is the fiesta zetec-s...almost identical :coffee:

having said that if I needed a cheap to run hot-hatch then the st is top of the list :001_wub:

I have a R27 Clio and the other half has a Fiesta ST2 (which I mainly drive!). Both cars have their strengths and weaknesses.

Pro Clio
More connected feel
High revving engine

Pro Fiesta
Faster day to day
More kit

As others have said, the Fiesta is harsher over bumps (even compared to a Cup chassis), but on smoother roads around town it is a doddle to drive. The extra torque over the Clio means it pulls quickly in any gear at any speeds. Heated Recaro seats in the Fiesta are awesome. The Clio is definitely more fun and raw, but that also has it's drawbacks when it is a road/daily car, the Fiesta is much more comfortable at doing higher motorway speeds. The Fiesta is much cheaper to run, ours hasn't even done 2000 miles and is driven quickly and it is doing almost 10mpg more than the Clio driven sensibly. Lack of storage space in the Clio is also annoying, but the fun factor can't be quantified.

I think on track with 2 even drivers, they would be very well matched though. They are both very good cars, the Clio is more track/handling focused where as the Fiesta is a brilliant road car.