Is it bad

That I'm really tempted by a 106 rallye or a 172 cup? And getting rid of the 197 for a boring/mile munching car!

Just kind of getting bored of my 197.

I'd go with a Rallye/Saxo VTR VTS over a 172 to be honest. I know that's not good form on an RS owners forum but hey ho. :smiley:

The old PSA hatches are superb toys and the parts (OEM and aftermarket) are DIRT cheap and they're easy to work on.

You'll pay a premium for a GTi/Rallye over a VTR/VTS and it's not worth the extra really, it's the same bloody car.

Lmao as much as I like Saxos I prefer 106s, especially rallye's!

:eek:

You are right, rallyes are fantastic :smile: and as for wanting rid of the 197 for a 172, well, the move I made was not a million miles from that :wink:

Just am Roy, I'm not really sure why, I was looking at 200s like 2-3 weeks ago :s

I can totally see where your coming from mate they are a lot of money to keep them on the money and going to a 200 ain't going to help.At your age as well you need to try different things while your free from houses
,kids and wives

It's not a money situation as I've just got a new job with a pay rise and I get my fuel paid for to get to work, I just fancied a change, I do like 200s though, a lot......

Only you know what you want
Is it that you have come to a stand still on what you want to do with the 197??

Not really Roy, I've kind of put my car on a back burner for couple months anyway as I'm fishing ALOT at the moment lol! It's just that I think to myself is it really worth my wanting cup dampers, h&rs, recaros etc when I could just get a 200 lol? I prefer the 200 look as well now :jumpon:

Or get a 106 and wouldn't cost the earth to make it just as quick as a 197!

Not really Roy, I've kind of put my car on a back burner for couple months anyway as I'm fishing ALOT at the moment lol! It's just that I think to myself is it really worth my wanting cup dampers, h&rs, recaros etc when I could just get a 200 lol? I prefer the 200 look as well now :jumpon:

Go for it then while there a good price.Whats your new job by the way ??

Working for west brom building society, haven't started yet got told yesterday that I've got the job woohoo!

Cleaned her up a treat today, and gave it a Good old blast through the british country side, put a big grin on my face! Then I saw a 250 cup..