iPhone 4 / 4s Light Mod

So last night I thought Id give the kit a bash and tbh I'm very happy with the results up to yet :smile:

It's not a 5 minute job like they've been advertising it took me a hour or so as just how fiddly it was and I also took extra care not to short the led or phone on other connectors
The main thing I can say about this is that it ok for the money but could do with being slighty better way to fit the led than just using a 3m tape but all in all the kit fitted fine I've been using the phone all day and nothing has happened yet everything works ie Bluetooth, gps etc as some have said its effected there iPhone also tbh the battery doesn't seem any worse and the phones not got hot so all good upto yet but anyone thinking of buying on the simple enough to fit plenty of guides now just be careful an remember it does void warranty and there is a possibility it can break your phone if not fitted properly

3a0c1178.jpg

5b08983b.jpg

6f8ca2e0.jpg

389b70b6.jpg

Ive also done this mod, it looks sweet i wouldnt really recommend it as i sort of mucked it up big style, The power connector point is soooooo small its un true, on the iphone 4 anyway i know the 4s is different, i had big problems making the cable stop on the connector, after like 2 hours of trying etc i thought super glue would be a good idea, no such luck so i tired soldering, which was a very bad idea. i had to solder while the phone was on becuase i had to make sure the light was on making the connection, as soon as i touched the circuit board with the soldering iron the phone went off and wouldn't turn on again. oh **** cost me like £330. i disconnected the battery and left it for a while, tired it again and thank god it turned on. in the end i got the cable to stop and its been working ever since, ive also put a green quailty street wrapper infront of the led to make it glow green, i picked green becuase its a apple. prefer it the white colour but i like messing so will be changed to another colour soon.

any questions on this mod just ask.

IMG_0267.jpg

Glad you manged it mate and I agree was fiddley as hell since fitting my light switched off so I opened the phone back and it came off the connector but I have soldered it and it's working fine again and still no issues with the handset or battery tOuch wood

Similar Thread Suggestions